1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Unlock AT&T Backflip?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kc5hwb, Aug 9, 2010.

1. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Hi Guys, I searched the Backflip forum a bit but couldn't find this answer, so here goes...

I bought a Motorola Backflip a few months back to use as my company phone. My company uses AT&T so I just took the SIM from my cheapy phone they gave me and put it in the Backflip, and it worked fine.

Last week I left my job, and I signed up for new phone service on a family plan with my wife. She used Tmobile, so we just stayed there. I got a TMO SIM and put it in the phone, and of course the phone is locked.

I've tried 3 things so far... 2 only code purchases and calling AT&T. AT&T says it can't be unlocked, it is exclusively a ATT phone, but I don't believe that. However, the 2 online placed both ended up refunding me because they couldn't come up with a code via my IMEI number.

So is AT&T right? Or is there another way to get this thing unlocked?

Advertisement

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    I have AT&T and travel to Canada a lot. Well while in Canada I use a cricket sim card. So I called AT&T and asked to unlock my phone so I can use it in Canada. They asked for the IMEI number and then gave me the unlock code. So you need someone with a good account on AT&T to call for you. If you are not an AT&T customer, they don't care. But it can be unlocked (which is not the same as rooting, BTY)

3. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Member

Mar 30, 2010
    That's a good idea. I'll find a friend who uses them and get them to call.