• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unlock galaxy s2

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

my sprint samsung galaxy s 2 is a cdma phone it does not have a sim card i need help on how to unlock it so i can use it with any carrier prepaid or contract, can someone help with this process the imei # is a000003967fbdo

my sprint samsung galaxy s 2 is a cdma phone it does not have a sim card i need help on how to unlock it
"Locked" is short for "SIM-locked", and it means that the phone will reject any SIM card that's not from the company it's locked to. Since your phone doesn't have a SIM card it can't be SIM-locked, so it can't be SIM-unlocked.

so i can use it with any carrier prepaid or contract
With a CDMA phone, that's determined by the carrier you want to use it with. If they have that phone's IMEI in their database, it can be used on their network, if not it can't be.

There are ways to allow a phone to be used on a carrier's mvno, but using, say, a Sprint phone on, say, Verizon, just isn't going to happen legally. (And posts telling you how to do things illegally are removed from the site pretty quickly - like so fast that you never see them - so don't ask someone to post the illegal way of doing it.)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones