• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked Atrix(Bell) Update

Sp1n

Lurker
Jun 3, 2011
Hey guys, I recently bought Atrix 4G from hands of Bell customer. I have unlocked it.

Now, the problem is that I dont know how to update the System Version.

Since Bell is not coming out with updates(can I even do updates with unlocked phone on Rogers?). What should I do?

Can I try going for US version of the system?(download it from Motorola?)

An update for the Bell Atrix is now available.
Not sure how you'd go about getting it onto a device that's not actually on the Bell network though... I don't know how those things work.

I'm also not sure if Motorola has the update posted on their website for manual download or not. The only method I've seen so far is to use the update check function of your phone... but if you're not on Bell's network when you do the check, does that still work??

Anyway, just a heads up that there's an update out there for you now.

Upvote 0
I am in a similar situation. My phone (a Bell Atrix) keeps nagging at me to update, but I am scared that if I update it will re-lock my phone.

Does anyone know if updating will get rid of my phone's unlock?
If you carrier unlock your phone, you will not lose your unlock status as the code to unlock your phone is partitioned in another compartment that's not where the OS is.

If you're rooted and accept the update, you WILL lose ROOT though.

Reactions: red.ash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones