• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked ATT Branded HTC One will not get service with Verizon SIM. Help?

jdy3239

Lurker
Jun 3, 2013
I recently gave my friend my 32gig HTC One that is ATT Branded. He has Verizon. I got the phone unlocked, and I put in his Verizon SIM and while it accepts it, hes not getting any service at ALL. Occasionally he will get 1 bar of 4G LTE for a few seconds and then it drops to no service. Any help guys?

Verizon runs it's voice/text service on CDMA, which is not supported by the AT&T One. Verizon offers it's LTE on Band 13 in most areas, though there are a few markets where Band 4 has started to be deployed. It's this Band 4 that it picked up because it's the only frequency supported by the AT&T One since AT&T also has LTE on Band 4 in some areas. Either way, it's not very developed on Verizon yet and you won't be able to make calls or text with it.

Upvote 0
It could get data service if band 4 is deployed in your area, but it's not going to be deployed in every location. It's mostly only designed to help reduce congestion in larger metro areas. I know Verizon sold all of it's band 4 spectrum in my city to T-Mobile which has since deployed it as their LTE here.

But since voice/text is over the CDMA network, it will never gain that functionality on Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones