• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlocked P9 Lite stuck at boot

So I wanted to root my phone (P9 Lite with Nougat). It was my first time so I found a step by step tutorial and used it to progress. After a load of time I finally was able to unlock it, then apparently, I was supposed to install TWRP. Failed a few times then I understood that TWRP version was for marshmallow, so I searched for a version compatible with nougat. Found one, installed correctly, file was transferred. Anyways when I tried to boot TWRP it would not work, it would boot in normal mode. I tried 2 more versions TWRP and it was the same. All that Power button + one of volume buttons **** was not working. So I thought, maybe I just overdone it, with many different versions of TWRP. So I decided to factory reset it. I rebooted my phone, now it is stuck at 'Your device is booting now' and I am frustrated as f**k. Not mentioning problems with unlocking, this whole process was really annoying, been doing this **** for 4 hours straight. Would like to receive some help if anyone got some. Let me know if there is something more you need to know.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Tried reinstalling img failes and relocking bootloader using https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...t3539696/page4
Now the phone is stuck at ERROR MODE, Attention! Please update system again
Error!
Func NO: 11 (recovery image)
Func NO: 2 (load failed!)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones