• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable Build 2 (tom1957's camcorder/hq youtube/green tint)

I will get right on that!

Edit: Nope. Still only in 360p, but you can download the videos with OG YouTube in any resolution and it plays just fine. It might not be as convenient, but its there.

Yet another edit: I apologize as I'm not used to this app, but it is possible to play in 480p. It's not just a gimmick as it looks much better than 360p and it takes longer to load lol. Thank you to DeltaXzombies!
No problem. :) But the only thing thats keeping me from this rom is Xposed not working and without Xposed i cant sign into the modded YouTube

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I wonder if all videos will be 480p+ if you use the OGMods modded YouTube app that allows videos to be played in max quality (1440p)

I will get right on that!

Edit: Nope. Still only in 360p, but you can download the videos with OG YouTube in any resolution and it plays just fine. It might not be as convenient, but its there.

Yet another edit: I apologize as I'm not used to this app, but it is possible to play in 480p. It's not just a gimmick as it looks much better than 360p and it takes longer to load lol. Thank you to DeltaXzombies!

Can we trust this app not to steal my Google login if I enable the xposed login tweak?

Upvote 0
Its 100% safe. I've used it for months and i have had no problems at all

I was reading some of the XDA posts, seems legit. I installed it and I noticed I now also have the option to view videos in 'Google Cardboard' mode which is something I could not do before on the LG Volt. That's nice because I snagged one of those free Star Wars themed Google Cardboard kits and the only phone I could use it with for 3D videos was my mom's iPhone 4s. Which was horrible because I could see the edges of the iPhone through the viewer lens.

Reactions: Sands207
Upvote 0
I was reading some of the XDA posts, seems legit. I installed it and I noticed I now also have the option to view videos in 'Google Cardboard' mode which is something I could not do before on the LG Volt. That's nice because I snagged one of those free Star Wars themed Google Cardboard kits and the only phone I could use it with for 3D videos was my mom's iPhone 4s. Which was horrible because I could see the edges of the iPhone through the viewer lens.
Now to figure out the dpi problems :/

Upvote 0
Also another thing. When i switch from 240 to 220 dpi, there alot of theme issues (random reboots, some themes not applying, clock force closing) so its a bad idea to change dpis?

How were you changing the dpi? I used texdroider from the market to change dpi from 240 to 220, and even the lg g3 xxhdpi theme i applied had no problem. I didnt run into clock fc's either.

Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0
Also another thing. When i switch from 240 to 220 dpi, there alot of theme issues (random reboots, some themes not applying, clock force closing) so its a bad idea to change dpis?

hey, post which themes you were having problems with so i can test on my end. all the themes ive been trying havnt had any problems yet.

Upvote 0
Oh one more thing... I posted this back when I listed what I tested on your latest rom but I don't know if you read it. I was trying to swap the internal storage and the external storage locations. I got the micro sd card to register as the internal storage (mounted at /data) but I cannot get the former internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p34) mounted as external storage so I can still use it and see it via MTP. Any ideas @whoshotjr2006?

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
Oh one more thing... I posted this back when I listed what I tested on your latest rom but I don't know if you read it. I was trying to swap the internal storage and the external storage locations. I got the micro sd card to register as the internal storage (mounted at /data) but I cannot get the former internal storage (/dev/block/mmcblk0p34) mounted as external storage so I can still use it and see it via MTP. Any ideas @whoshotjr2006?

no clue bud. i tried different things, messing with fstab.x5, trying to make vold.fstab work with 4.4.4, and even recompiling framework-res.apk from scratch with a modified storage-list.xml, and cant get anything to stick. if you have any ideas that take compiling from scratch to accomplish, lemme know and ill roll you a custom build.

Upvote 0
All set. No problems what so ever. Definitely using this ROM from here on out

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-16-11-34-03.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-16-11-34-03.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_2016-01-16-11-33-29.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-16-11-33-29.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_2016-01-16-11-33-22.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-16-11-33-22.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0
Video using youtube hq settings without any youtube mod. I do have xperia movies and allbof its stuff in the rom though. just went to YouTube, saw geico ad...clicked it,clicked hq and expanded full screen. this looks better than 360p... Brofessor...lol

View attachment 99789
Apparently only some videos are HQ without the mod.

Upvote 0
no clue bud. i tried different things, messing with fstab.x5, trying to make vold.fstab work with 4.4.4, and even recompiling framework-res.apk from scratch with a modified storage-list.xml, and cant get anything to stick. if you have any ideas that take compiling from scratch to accomplish, lemme know and ill roll you a custom build.

If I knew how I might have just compiled it myself... but I haven't a clue. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones