• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unrEVOked Forever is out!

TheWhiteBandito

Android Enthusiast
May 2, 2010
Just got released like 15 minutes ago. Anyone try it yet!?

public:forever [RootWiki]

unrevoked forever is a tool to set your Android phone's security level to S-OFF. The security level is a flag stored on the radio; when the flag is S-OFF, the bootloader (HBOOT) will no longer check the signatures of firmware images before flashing them. This allows custom firmware images to be uploaded, including unsigned boot, recovery, splash1, and hboot images (as well as official images that have been modified).

Nobody's here to read this thread. We're all over at XDA making sure the cliffdivers don't have bricks. :D

hahah I know, I'm lurking on XDA. I'm more active on this forum however so I thought I would share here!

Probably going to flash this tomorrow. It's been pretty crazy these past few days between the new Kernel source and s-off. Lots of new stuff for us to enjoy :)

Upvote 0
Allow me to play devil's advocate for just a moment...there is no way to revert back to S-On. If I need to 86 this phone for some reason, I can currently revert back to stock configuration. No can do once I make this leap. Can somebody sell me on the fact that the benefits of unlock outweigh the ability to go backward?

I believe you can go back. I read something about just making it go to S-ON. Since S-off just means that the security is turned off, there has to be a way to turn it back on. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that it's possible to go back

EDIT: Totally kidding about that. It says they have not developed a tool for that yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones