1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Unrooting successful

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sap995, Oct 10, 2010.

1. sap995

sap995 Member

Oct 9, 2010
    I have just recently switched to android and have been curious about rooting the device. I have spent the majority of the last two days toying around with root and the various roms available. After hours of playing around on both the droid and the forums I noticed many people having problems unrooting. So I took it upon my self to both root/unroot my Motorola Droid 2 in several different methods. So far completely successful.

I am currently unrooted after going back to factory sbf. The only thing that I am having a hard time with is I seem to have lost my stock recovery mode. The one accessed by the x key and power button on power up. I was under the impression that the sbf flash method would restore this feature. If anyone out there has any steps I may have missed or any other advice on how I could restore this feature it would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. sap995

sap995 Member

Oct 9, 2010
    To anyone having the same type of problem after searching I was able to find a very helpful answer her Stock Recovery - xda-developers.

Thank you every one here and @ xda

3. RJT185

RJT185 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks for the tip Sap!

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    You were always booting into the Stock Recovery w/the power button and X key - it just requires an additional keypress after the yellow triangle appears to open the Recovery menu...so it's:

1. Power on while holding X key on keyboard
    2. Release buttons when M logo appears
    3. When yellow triangle appears press Search button (magnifying glass) on physical keyboard.

cableguynoe likes this.
  5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    I was wondering why it wasn't working for me:eek:

Thanks!