• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting successful

sap995

Lurker
Oct 9, 2010
I have just recently switched to android and have been curious about rooting the device. I have spent the majority of the last two days toying around with root and the various roms available. After hours of playing around on both the droid and the forums I noticed many people having problems unrooting. So I took it upon my self to both root/unroot my Motorola Droid 2 in several different methods. So far completely successful.

I am currently unrooted after going back to factory sbf. The only thing that I am having a hard time with is I seem to have lost my stock recovery mode. The one accessed by the x key and power button on power up. I was under the impression that the sbf flash method would restore this feature. If anyone out there has any steps I may have missed or any other advice on how I could restore this feature it would be much appreciated.

You were always booting into the Stock Recovery w/the power button and X key - it just requires an additional keypress after the yellow triangle appears to open the Recovery menu...so it's:

1. Power on while holding X key on keyboard
2. Release buttons when M logo appears
3. When yellow triangle appears press Search button (magnifying glass) on physical keyboard.

Reactions: cableguynoe
Upvote 0
You were always booting into the Stock Recovery w/the power button and X key - it just requires an additional keypress after the yellow triangle appears to open the Recovery menu...so it's:

1. Power on while holding X key on keyboard
2. Release buttons when M logo appears
3. When yellow triangle appears press Search button (magnifying glass) on physical keyboard.

I was wondering why it wasn't working for me:eek:

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones