• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update desire 816

Norby

Lurker
Feb 15, 2016
Hello,

Just bought the Htc desire 816 dual sim from mobileshop.eu.
I found out this model doesn´t have the software update option.
I have maybe the Chinese or Hong Kong RUU installed.
I Found, here, www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads/P15, the RUU from EU, already with the lolipop version.
My problem is that i dont know how to install it...
Its a oficial update do have to root or something like that?
Can any body teach me how to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a One M8 but I think most HTCs are the same. Are you sure you found a RUU on htcdev, as i couldn't see any RUUs for your phone model? In the type column it will say RUU if there is one. Everything else is either kernel source or an incremental update.

Also you will need to know or find out the exact model number of you phone, and the CID number (which is carrier specific). You need to find a signed RUU specific to your phone and carrier, and both of these are checked in RUU for a match - if they don't match the RUU won't install. (Unless you are s-off, which is a whole thread on its own.)

Best stop is the Desire 816 sub-forum for more specific advice though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones