• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Update gone missing

Wolfmarsh

Lurker
May 3, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2.1 incredible that is rooted (for wireless tether) and no other mods applied to it (I do have clockwork).

I got notified this morning that the update was available, but I chose that I would do it later. My phone rebooted a little while later, as it sometimes does, and it went into clockwork with an error message about the file being not complete. I chose to reboot the phone and it booted back up just fine, but now there is no update.zip to be found, and when I go to system updates, it says there is no update available.

Thoughts? Have I somehow now missed the 2.2 OTA update?

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2.1 incredible that is rooted (for wireless tether) and no other mods applied to it (I do have clockwork).

I got notified this morning that the update was available, but I chose that I would do it later. My phone rebooted a little while later, as it sometimes does, and it went into clockwork with an error message about the file being not complete. I chose to reboot the phone and it booted back up just fine, but now there is no update.zip to be found, and when I go to system updates, it says there is no update available.

Thoughts? Have I somehow now missed the 2.2 OTA update?

since u have clockworkmod you cant install the update OTA you must use the other methods like having s-off and flashing it in hboot or using a custom rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones