• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Issues...anyone else???

So I got my update this morning...and everything that was said to be changed has but more...it deleted my contacts!!! Thank god I had backed them up before...it changed my Facebook stuff...actually had to reinstall it. I had a really cool Facebook widget and it stopped workin...my photo gallery widget stopped working...my contacts aren't syncing with Facebook like before and I have them set to do so. I'm confused...I have Missed Call app and it was all screwed up....soo just curious is anyone else is having these problems or if there something wrong with my phone now and I have to get a new one....but really I can't be too upset cause I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!!
Amanda

thanks I tried the battery pull and rebooted it helped sync some of the contacts but not all...and I did redo the widget. While doing that I found the facebook widget I lost and a few others that are a lil cooler than just tappin and draggin from the pull out menu. We'll see if it gets any better..thanks for the help!
Amanda

Upvote 0
The only problem I have found so far is mine quit rotating. I checked my settings and I still have it to rotate but it's not doing it. Well when I open my keyboard it rotates to landscape (thank god that would be hard to type if it didn't) and it goes back when I close the keyboard but that's it. No rotating in any program or on the main screen just from turning it.
My son's is doing the same thing.
Anyone else? Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it? I have turned it off and also pulled the battery out. Didn't do a thing.
Thanks,
Nancy

Upvote 0
mine erased everything from the home screens... so i tried to put everything back where i had it... then a few hours later all the old icons showed back up... under the ones that i had put up to replace them... it was very strange

Mine, erased all the icons/shortcuts on the home screen as well. But in my case, a simple battery pull worked. When I turned the phone back on all was back to normal...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones