• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update of Android 2.1

It will be interesting to see how HTC manages to incorporate the 2.1 update considering some of the stuff it brings Sense UI already did before. For example, implementing Facebook pictures/updates into contact cards. Will they ditch their implementation and go with the standard 2.1 one or update the Sense UI or something else entirely?

Upvote 0
bhav

the guy took time to email htc and then post his findings on here... whats with the flaming? do you have some sort of divine wisdom youd like to share with us all?
Flaming? I merely told it how it is. I don't think you know what flaming means...?

It's not divine wisdom (although that would be nice), it's common knowledge if you know how customer support works at most companies.

And see what Slug said above lol.

The best thing to do with regards to the 2.1 update is to forget about it, stop trying to predict when it's coming, and be pleasantly surprised when it does eventually pop up :)

Upvote 0
very true, just goes to show how poor customer relations are these days, cant really blame the customer service staff as they only know what they are told or only tell what they are allowed but it would be nice to be kept up to date a bit, even if its just to say...get lost your 2.1 update is in the pipeline now just wait!!

Upvote 0
Actually, I would like to point out that at no point has anyone from HTC said the Hero will be getting updated to 2.1.

HTC tweeted "“The rumors are true! Hero will be getting an Eclair update. We ask for your patience as we update Sense for the fancy new Android OS.” back in October. That is the only offical word on the matter.

Although Google's Andy Rubin said "everyone will be getting Android 2.1 when it's open source" the Hero is not a google phone and they have no control over what updates it gets.

There is a common assumption that the Hero will get updated to 2.1 due to the leaked ROM's floating around, but I want to reiterate, incase they only update to 2.0 and there is some kind of mob uprising.

We have never been told the Hero will get 2.1, only that it will get Eclair.

EDIT: Although I have just seen Google have stated 2.1 is still Eclair, not Flan. Confusing no?

Upvote 0
it wouldn't make sense to update to 2.0 since there were issues with 2.0 which have been fixed by 2.1.

Besides if they did upgrade to 2.0 they misght aswell upgrade to 2.1. Im guessing this is why we dont have the update yet. HTC were probably getting the release ready for 2.0 when 2.1 came out and they probably dished 2.0 to go straight to 2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones