• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Updated] Atrix 4G rooted!

So now that we have root and can tether...

Do you have to download a tethering app or is there an "official" tethering solution. Appbrain shows a zillion tethering apps but is there one official one?

I'm just worried that tethering applications would be a great way to distribute malware so I want to know what is the "trusted" solution.
David

Upvote 0
The phone in this video is a display/convention phone.

When he connected it and selected Entertainment mode (As opposed to Webtop mode) and began to scroll through the windows the Webtop window wasn't present. When I connect my phone I have the option for webtop as well as the option to skip to it while in Entertainment mode unlike this video..

So yes, that video is wrong.

That's strange because not a single other person that has the phone is able to do that...WebTop mode only works with one of the actual Docks.

Upvote 0
That's strange because not a single other person that has the phone is able to do that...WebTop mode only works with one of the actual Docks.

I don't know what to tell you then?

Again... "I" do not need the media dock for me to access and use the webtop on an HDTV. I can direct connect to the TV using an HDMI cord.

Upvote 0
I don't know what to tell you then?

Again... "I" do not need the media dock for me to access and use the webtop on an HDTV. I can direct connect to the TV using an HDMI cord.

That is *really* impressive because I just plugged mine into my HDTV via the HDMI cord and it gave me no such option. I even tried connecting a bluetooth mouse and keyboard thinking maybe those were prereqs...but unfortunately, no.

Then again, yours was a dev unit...so maybe, just maybe, that's why it has different features? /sarcasm.

Upvote 0
Having some problems with the root. I followed the video to the "T", set it to debugging mode, have Motorola Phone Portal selected under USB connection. Then when I get to SuperOneCLick and hit either Shell Root or Root, the program tells me daemon not running starting it now on port 5307 -- daemon started successfully.

Then it says waiting for device and nothing happens and the program just hangs up. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0
Having some problems with the root. I followed the video to the "T", set it to debugging mode, have Motorola Phone Portal selected under USB connection. Then when I get to SuperOneCLick and hit either Shell Root or Root, the program tells me daemon not running starting it now on port 5307 -- daemon started successfully.

Then it says waiting for device and nothing happens and the program just hangs up. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you install the drivers for the phone on your computer? I had to download them from the Motorola website but most people are saying if you set your phone to the "Media Sync" mode or whatever it's called it'll install the drivers for you. You have to do that first, *THEN* switch to Phone Portal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones