• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updated to JellyBean and not happy- Please read and help

My Jellybean update
I have a Galaxy S3 and the Icecream sandwich it came with had an option that i could press the ''notification'' tab in the scroll down menu and it would shut off all notifications eg whatsapp, phone calls etc..
I work in a sensitive environment and dont want people glancing at my screen seeing if i have texts or missed calls etc and/or who they are from.
The reason i chose the galaxy S3 was for this exact option and i liked it over the previous Iphone.. But then after a few weeks i got the upgrade to JellyBean and the notifications tab was replaced by blocking mode which is not as efficient as it was in the ICS.. I have tried the ''blocking mode'' and going into each app and ticking the ''no notifications'' but in whatsapp it does not work for me...

My question is.... Can i go back to ICS and get this option back?
Or do i have to be disgruntled at the upgrades inability to make me happy with my device???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones