• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

updating to 2.3.4 help

Upvote 0
Piseth Peap i think u should create ur own thread for ur questions

frank, try clicking here n follow the instructions. KG2 firmware is 2.3.4. its not an official release, but it works fine on my phone. KG3 is also 2.3.4 but i had some issues with that n i recommend KG2

EDIT: im a bit too late it seems. but no, it wont wipe ur data if u use the frankenstein XXKG2 version. it didnt wipe mine. KG3 is the newest one. and KG2 defnitely has better battery performance

Reactions: frankkduf
Upvote 0
I'm assuming that you downloaded the XXKH3 package from Intratech's thread at XDA. It is a self-extracting 7zip archive; insideia is an identically named TAR package which is what you flash.
Yes the same one couldnt find elsewhere. When i double click it makes another .rar file and when extracted give the .bin files etc. i cant locate the .tar file
sorry for being such a noob but i am new to this.
Help??

Upvote 0
are u sure its a .rar file? once extracted, that file is a .tar file.. if u have a software like jzip etc, which extracts rar and tar files, u might get the two mixed up :D u have to extract just the self extracting file, just once.. flash the file thats extracted
OMG ur the man i unistalled winrar and it showed me .tar file thanku so much. btw there is only 1 file and i think there should be three to upgrade the firmware any help on this?
Last time i updated ph there were 3 files and now 1. According to xda dev its nothing to be worried about and can i know the difference in both methodologies

Upvote 0
cheers :D well i think some packages have the modem and CSC separately, and some have it all in one .tar.. if its one file, u put it in the PDA section of Odin

btw, u dont need to uninstall winrar. even though the winrar icon shows, its still a tar file :)
thanx mate for replying to my questions updated the new firmware well moving on to 7zip who needs winRar :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones