• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade question -

I haven't gotten the Inc. yet - but reading all these awesome threads have given me some really good insight on what the phone has to offer and what to look out for, since I've never owned a smartphone.

VZW isn't shipping now until 5/14, I don't want to wait, but there will get the best price due to my NE2 upgrade ($149.99) - w/ the SD card.
Best Buy isn't willing to give me the credit for the NE2 so it's $199 there.
It looks like I can get it at Walmart for $149 but how does it work since I'm not going through VZW? I have a company discount that I get on plans and accessories, I want to make sure I get it on the data plan if I am to buy it there. Also, am I able to keep my same number?

Thanks in advanced and I apologize if this should go in the Verizon forum.

I haven't gotten the Inc. yet - but reading all these awesome threads have given me some really good insight on what the phone has to offer and what to look out for, since I've never owned a smartphone.

VZW isn't shipping now until 5/14, I don't want to wait, but there will get the best price due to my NE2 upgrade ($149.99) - w/ the SD card.
Best Buy isn't willing to give me the credit for the NE2 so it's $199 there.
It looks like I can get it at Walmart for $149 but how does it work since I'm not going through VZW? I have a company discount that I get on plans and accessories, I want to make sure I get it on the data plan if I am to buy it there. Also, am I able to keep my same number?

Thanks in advanced and I apologize if this should go in the Verizon forum.
Buy it at walmart for 149.00 and get your accessories at Verizon, walmart will not give you the employer discount on accessories.Your dscount on the bill will not be affected by doing this either. Walmart is a authorized verizon dealer. You will have to take it back to walmart if you have issues though. I have not had any problems with walmart.

Upvote 0
That depends on whether or not you are going to the store ore doing it through the internet. I actually recommend going to the store first and seeing what they can do. I know when I initially came to Verizon they called fromthe store and was able to get an awesome price on phones when I went to the Walmart store. So try there, may get surprised.

Upvote 0
Buy it at walmart for 149.00 and get your accessories at Verizon, walmart will not give you the employer discount on accessories.Your dscount on the bill will not be affected by doing this either. Walmart is a authorized verizon dealer. You will have to take it back to walmart if you have issues though. I have not had any problems with walmart.

Thank you!
I'll have to take it back there even if I purchase the monthly insurance plan?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones