• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading Chinese Tablet to 2.2 on a Mac

Hey all, I hope someone can help me. I just watched this video, ‪Suli SL-7 Rooted, Rockchip 2818, TR718D Devices, HOW TO FLASH A ROOTED ROM‬‏ - YouTube, on how to flash a rooted ROM and upgrade the tablet to 2.2. My question though, is how to do it on a Mac? This guy used Windows, and I'm still getting familiar with my Macbook. Additionally, I want to be sure that I do this right, and not ruin the device, so is this video complete, start to finish, or do I need to root the device separately before I use his link and download the ROM? I'm very new to this whole process, and just want to make sure that I do it right. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has!!! Thanks in advance! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones