• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrading through Kies - no upgrade available?

OrangeJuice

Dec 19, 2013
What up guise

Trying to update through Kies, because I ran into an unhelpful message when trying to install the new OTA update. Something like "Sorry, it was unsuccessful."

However, Keys says there is no update available. Checked my phone, it's definitely still 4.3. Verizon.

I'm thinking I just need to be patient and maybe the Kies version of the update just isn't available yet. Eh?

You need to be patient if a) you're not in the US and b) you want to do a manual update.

After 24 hours, you can tell the phone to check for updates, and it should find 4.4 and try to update again.

If you're in the US, go to a Best Buy store, find the Samsung Experience Center, and ask if they can flash the update for you. (I don't know if they have 4.4 in the stores yet, but you can ask.) Your carrier may also be able to flash the upfate for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones