• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading to Mini from the Razr Maxx (OG)

Hey all. Has anyone here upgraded from an original Razr Maxx to the Droid Mini? My 2 years is coming up in a couple weeks, and I want to stick with the Droid line of phones. I am fairly spoiled on this phone when it comes to battery life, and I don't really want to give it up.

However, my Razr Maxx seems to be getting pretty sluggish, and I definitely want to upgrade. I know the Droid Maxx's battery will last as long as I want it to, but the phone is even larger than this phone. The Razr Maxx is pretty much the limit of what I want to carry in my pocket.

That brings the Droid Mini to the top. It has the same size screen that I'm used to, bundled into a smaller phone. I'm hoping someone here has upgraded in the same way, and I am looking for a comparison of the battery life after the upgrade. My Razr Maxx can easily go a full day right now, and up to the evening of the second day (if need be).

My typical day might have 1-2 hours of screen time, and a max of 4-5 hours on a slow day on campus/at work. It mostly includes texting, Facebook, internet, e-mail, and Netflix/YouTube. The normal days get me to about 60% after 8am-midnight, and higher usage days get me to 30-40%**. Thanks for responses!

**I suppose this data might also allow others to chime in on battery life, with similar usage.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones