• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Urgently Need help for My htc OneX+ !!!

the x+ doesnt have a physical keyboard,i believe hes refering to just the soft key lights.

id try toggling the auto brightness setting(i use the power control widget). i find on alot of roms,the soft keys are somewhat kooky if you leave the auto brightness on. its just trying to save you some battery.

failing that,maybe research the general section,and see if other users have had this issue with the OTA,it may be a bug in the new software.

might be goot to stay stock for a few days,and check for updates incase a bug fix OTA is sent out.

rest assured,however,that your issue is not from the ruu itself. if it turns out to be a prollel with the update,youd have had the same issues to have update Over The Air. :)

Upvote 0
id try toggling the auto brightness setting(i use the power control widget). i find on alot of roms,the soft keys are somewhat kooky if you leave the auto brightness on. its just trying to save you some battery.

This is what I would also suggest... I've had this problem on a couple of custom ROM's and found that doing what Scotty suggests has sorted out the issues :)

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
In a nutshell, you will need to re unlock, re install recovery, reflash superuser, then download titanium to restore.

The backup folder you made prior is probably still on your SD . If not, just transferred over from the PC after you are rooted and have titanium install.

Just make sure you do not use Titanium to restore any system data. Only use Titanium to restore user app

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
but suppose i get another update from ota then this whole mundane task of relocking has to be done again right. which is why i want to leave it stock and resotre the backup. without going through the process of unlocking boot and installing clockwork and rooting.
hmm or can we only unlock bootloader and root and bypass unstalling clockwork recovery

Upvote 0
so once again thanks so much for helping me out esp you scotty and u too durx.
now i was able once again unlock , flash with twrp recovery and root once again. and
restore with titanium. but the earlier backup i made with titanium wasnt ther so i took
the one from my pc where i backed up and placed it in my titanium folder on my phone and restore.

so i want to help those who like me got confused to look at my post and look below
where i put the link to keep ur root, so you dont have to go thru that mundane task.
and receive ota updates with bootloader unlocked and rooted and this works pretty much with stock rom and is safe but still always have a backup handy. although in the link that flashing ota updates on custom roms may not be good.

Upvote 0
hi guys i stumbled on something intersting, share your thoughts and let me know
if this works for one x + as well

[SOLVED]update OTA without relocking the bootloader | Android - Ice Cream Sandwich Forums

could you tell me if this useful for jb too.
as i mentioned above,just haveing the stock recovery is not always enuff. a few other things can cause the OTA to fail:
-not being on a "release" version software
-deleting bloatware
-modifying the stock rom. this is a somewhat vauge statement,as some things that you can mod will not affect the OTAs abilility to install,some will.
-being on firmware that doesnt match the software(for example,installing a stock rom on older hboot,radio,etc)
-maybe even some other things we dont know :eek:

its also pointless,IMO,to use the voodoo rootkeeper. i honestly have no idea why folks get so freaked out at the notion of temporarily losing their root access. one very distinct advantage of htcdev unlock,is that one is aways able to easily re-root by reflashing superuser in recovery.

so once again thanks so much for helping me out esp you scotty and u too durx.
now i was able once again unlock , flash with twrp recovery and root once again. and
restore with titanium. but the earlier backup i made with titanium wasnt ther so i took
the one from my pc where i backed up and placed it in my titanium folder on my phone and restore.

so i want to help those who like me got confused to look at my post and look below
where i put the link to keep ur root, so you dont have to go thru that mundane task.
and receive ota updates with bootloader unlocked and rooted and this works pretty much with stock rom and is safe but still always have a backup handy. although in the link that flashing ota updates on custom roms may not be good.

well,looks like im a day late/dollar short with this info,since you decided to go ahead and permanently reinstall your recovery. but... you could have easily temporarily launched your recovery into phone memory,rather than installing it.

just like you used the following to permantly install recovery:
fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

you could have just launched recovery,so it was temporary with this command:
fastboot boot recoveryname.img

you could have used this temporary recovery to make a nandroid backup,and flashed your superuser files,without out overwriting your stock recovery image. if you had gone this route,and were careful not to mod your rom too much,chances are good that you could have accepted any followup OTAs.

your only option now,is to reinstall the stock recovery,like you installed clockwork(as your link describes). however,its not easy like it used to be to pull images from stock ruus.

we used to be able to extract rom.zip from the .exe utility,and use a utility such as 7-zip to erxtract it,giveing us access to all the images inside. however,htc has tightened the reins on this,compressing rom.zip with something that no one has figured out a way yet to open with windows.

so im afraid your only option for obtaining a stock recovery is to find someone who was able to dump that partition another way,and uploaded it somewhere for folks to download. that,or you could relock and run the ruu again ;)

Upvote 0
yes i know i should have listened scotty, but hey incase my phone gets bricked while updating with ota keeping intact my root and twrp recovery will there be anyway to
get back my phone to work after its bricked.

Also please do find a stock recovery image for the ruu update i made with my phone.

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones