• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Url input weirdness

The Boots

Aug 28, 2010
MI
So this is my first actual question, so please be gentle! I did a cursory search but didn't notice any other threads, so here goes:
When I try to enter something into the url/search bar on either the stock browser or dolphin hd (which is what I normally use) one of two things happens. Either the input box simply closes after a few keystrokes and I have to start from scratch, or the input on my screen doesnt match up with what is actually sent. Generally, the autocorrect will not be updating properly, and will refuse to even give me the option to send what I've written and will insist I go to a previous page, even If I just want to do a Google search from the bar. Other times, it will start to accept input into the suggestion window but stop after a few letters, and when I hit return to go, it will only take those few letters it has acknowledged, rather than what is actually in the Input window. The only work around I've found Is that if I just close the keyboard and click the box again, the correction window will be gone and it will use the text I'd entered. This is only if I am in the version of they keyboard with the .com shortcut, eg url entry. Does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions? I can deal with it, but It's really annoying. The fact that it happens in multiple browsers make me feel like it's a problem with how the sense keyboard is handling url input. Thanks for the help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones