• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB disconnects by itself

bclaudio

Lurker
Dec 1, 2010
Hey guys! I use these forums all the time to find some quick help, but this is my first time ever posting.

I'm trying to transfer files from my computer to my Motorola Droid (not rooted) via USB. I select the "Turn on USB storage" button, the Android guy turns orange, and my phone shows up on my computer. I'm able to begin copying the files for a few minutes, but then my computer yells at me for not ejecting my disk properly. I look to my phone to see that the Android guy has reverted back to green. This has happened three times already, and I'm worried about damage to my phone.

Also, I have Watchdog on my phone, and it keeps notifying me of Android Media System (I think) or something like that. Is that contributing?

Thanks!
-Brett

Task Managers - if you keep one around, stop killing apps with it automatically. That is probably going to be a major problem for you phone in the long run.

There is a never ending debate on Task Killers (see http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/94681-task-killers-froyo.html for an example) and whether you need them or not - but if you are running low on space, then you already have too many apps installed in the first place and need to evaluate other things first, like which apps you really need / want to keep versus those that you use once every 3 months.

You can continue to use the app, it's all good - just try disabling it / FCing it / 'killing' it and then try transferring your files and see if it still dies. If so, then try using a different port on your computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones