• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help usb not working captivate

You computer should see the phone and try to install usb drivers, if that does not happen, make sure they are installed; if you did that and still nothing, try a different computer. As for busybox, just download busybox installer from market; it will install it for you; however you must have the phone rooted to do that; and before you do anything else, make sure you get your PC to see your phone. If you don't have that and something goes wonkers, you may end up bricking your phone.

Reactions: CR1050
Upvote 0
Hopefully i am going about this in the right way , Ryans is loading now and phone is in installing Multi CSC mode (must take a while ) ... when that is finished i will see if i can root apply the lag fix . then i will plug phone back up to comp if still nothing then will go to start ,my comp and look there which i failed to do earlier . Bricking i know pretty much nothing about but sounds like a bad thing .... is it reversable ?
truely good info and much appreciated !!

Upvote 0
I am downloading from the market on my phone , not from the comp . J1 was speaking of the drivers being installed and maybe something about prevention of bricking occuring .
The reason i did try to connect earlier was to download busybox ...
but if i can get it rooted i will also download that via captivate as i suppose you did ?
did you get froyo as well ? if so did you before rooting or after ? thank you

Upvote 0
I just checked it and still says installing multi CSC . what is it 3 hours now probably I have been waiting . missed calls and text messages will have to wait a while longer but hope it hurries up finishes soon !! I certainly will check out TB and yes noobs do happen but whats life without a noob or two , it happens now and then .....
did your phone take this long ? wish there was a some kind of progress bar to show how far along its come .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones