• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use 2 bluetooth devices at same time!

OK, so maybe everyone else already knows this, but I thought this was cool:

I bought a stereo bluetooth receiver from DealExtreme for $13 so I could use it in my car. It has a built in mic, so if calls come in, I can pick them up, but I drive a convertible, so it's too noisy in the car to use that.

I also have a jawbone bluetooth headset that I use in the car...it works great for phone calls in a noisy enviroment.

I just discovered that if I go to Settings:Wireless Controls:Bluetooth Settings and long press on the BCK-08 (the stereo bluetooth module), I can select options, and uncheck the 'phone audio'.

Now, I can use both at the same time...and the cool thing is that if a call comes in while listening to music, it mutes the music till I hang up, then starts it back up where it left off!

mm0

Reactions: vincit_studios
OK, so maybe everyone else already knows this, but I thought this was cool:

I bought a stereo bluetooth receiver from DealExtreme for $13 so I could use it in my car. It has a built in mic, so if calls come in, I can pick them up, but I drive a convertible, so it's too noisy in the car to use that.

I also have a jawbone bluetooth headset that I use in the car...it works great for phone calls in a noisy enviroment.

I just discovered that if I go to Settings:Wireless Controls:Bluetooth Settings and long press on the BCK-08 (the stereo bluetooth module), I can select options, and uncheck the 'phone audio'.

Now, I can use both at the same time...and the cool thing is that if a call comes in while listening to music, it mutes the music till I hang up, then starts it back up where it left off!

mm0

The BCK-08 looks like a great deal! How do you like it so far? Does it do a good job of controlling the G1's built-in audio player?

Upvote 0
It seems to do fine...the only problem I have is that if I'm not a little careful, I might accidentally press the center button while trying to move tracks, which will pause the audio...not a huge deal, especially considering the price. Audio quality seems pretty decent too. My biggest complaint (and again, it's minor) is that it is charged through the audio connector, so I can't charge and use at the same time. Overall, I'm very pleased.

mm0

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead, but I figured I'd search rather than start a new thread. :)

I'm looking to use a set of Motorola wireless headphones as well as a wireless heart rate monitor. Based on your post, I should be able to do this, correct? Would hate to fork over a hundred bucks on a HRM and end up not being able to use it as intended.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead, but I figured I'd search rather than start a new thread. :)

I'm looking to use a set of Motorola wireless headphones as well as a wireless heart rate monitor. Based on your post, I should be able to do this, correct? Would hate to fork over a hundred bucks on a HRM and end up not being able to use it as intended.

I have the same question and haven't found the answer yet...

Upvote 0

Just to give you a heads up. I run alot and have yet to find a set of bluetooth headphones that hold up to sweat. I went thru 2 pairs of the Motorola S305's one pair I completly tore apart and fixed it. They till work but can't fast fwd the tracks. The $75 pair of Jabra Bluetooth headphones, stay away from these. Went thru 3 pairs of them and 2 pairs only lasted a few days. J&M music world was where I purchased the Jabras and their customer service was excellant and I received all my money back. Motorola replaced the first pair quickly but they never did replace the second pair. Sound wise I really like the Motorolas and so far since I fixed them they have held up really well even after running for 2 or more hours.

Upvote 0
Just to give you a heads up. I run alot and have yet to find a set of bluetooth headphones that hold up to sweat. I went thru 2 pairs of the Motorola S305's one pair I completly tore apart and fixed it. They till work but can't fast fwd the tracks. The $75 pair of Jabra Bluetooth headphones, stay away from these. Went thru 3 pairs of them and 2 pairs only lasted a few days. J&M music world was where I purchased the Jabras and their customer service was excellant and I received all my money back. Motorola replaced the first pair quickly but they never did replace the second pair. Sound wise I really like the Motorolas and so far since I fixed them they have held up really well even after running for 2 or more hours.

Well for what it's worth...

The Motorola S9 (and S9-HD) are no better. They work great, but no way in hell are they "sweat resistant" (the S10 claims it's even "sweat-proof!"...I laugh at that).

My first pair went within two weeks. Amazon replaced it no questions asked.

The second pair went three months later (very light use though). Motorola replaced it after I explained the problem.

The third pair went three months later again, I got them replaced this January (2011). Motorola gave me the S9-HD.

And now those are gone too, I just shipped them out on Tuesday, they're going to take a look at them.

I really like them, but they are really not as they're advertised. The positive side is that every time they replace them, you get a new three month warranty and with the summer coming up, I'm sure I'll be sending them way before the new warranty is up. I'll most likely have to look at a new pair next winter, as it gets quite cold up here in Boston and I won't be able to sweat them out. haha.

Upvote 0

I actually meant $75 Jaybirds not Jabra.

Upvote 0
I have had two sets of Plantronics. One model I do not remember was a standard one ear piece with a satelite ear but you could plug in for stereo. Did not like that too well, but it lasted for 9 months, sweat and all. Had a lot of problems getting bluetooth to connect, but I think that was more a problem with my old phone, not the headset.

I have a pair of Plantronics Backbeat 903 now and like them pretty well. I sweat a lot and usually wear a headband to soak that up. On a business trip a few weeks back I forgot my headband but ran anyway. Since they have been acting odd and I have been getting random functions activated like my phone all of a sudden dialing my last number called, so I think they are going. Have had these for almost 6 months now. Had bluetooth connection problems with this pair too with the old phone. No issues with the new Galaxy S other than the random function execution by the headset.

I have listened using the 903 other times of the day, all day, and can go a full day of listening and still see the battery at mid range. My phone is usually dead before the headset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones