• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use an appreciable amount of data? Not for long, you won't!

googles never done them for me dunno why :( and for tibu ive only restored apps not system data since im always switching roms ive noticed the system data from one rom may cause bugs with other especially froyo to gingerbread.

Rule of thumb with TiBu is that any system data that is green is ok to restore.

However I have noticed that TiBu has had some major issue going from Froyo to GB roms. So if you are doing that your milage may vary.

Upvote 0
Rule of thumb with TiBu is that any system data that is green is ok to restore.

However I have noticed that TiBu has had some major issue going from Froyo to GB roms. So if you are doing that your milage may vary.

You're right about that -- but I've tested a few GB ROMs and I haven't had a problem restoring the Wi-Fi Access points.

Upvote 0
You're right about that -- but I've tested a few GB ROMs and I haven't had a problem restoring the Wi-Fi Access points.

Yea the problem I've had is in restoring apps (most of my backups just don't show up in TiBu, but they are still there on my SD card...)

Haven't had any problems restoring any of the green system settings on GB ROMs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones