• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Use s-pen button to click while hovering without having to touch screen

PrezJax1

Lurker
Dec 28, 2014
The s-pen's hover feature is very cool but I wish I could use the button to click on stuff so I could use my phone without actually touching the screen. I've searched everywhere before posting this but surprisingly to me, it seems not many people have thought about this.

Also, I think the pen is super cool in general so besides for the basics, if anyone knows anything super cool that you can do with it, please post. I wish there was an app that would black out the whole screen but illuminate only an inch wide circle wherever the pen is so that you could for instance use your phone at the movies without standing out like a lighthouse because only a small inch wide circle is lit.

Fyi my favorite current feature is the ability to, while the screen is locked, remove the pen and start writing a note on the screen and it is automatically saved when you replace the pen. It looks very cool when writing on the black display.

Please post if you know anything super cool I can do with my pen that will make me say WOW! Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones