• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using a 2.1 Gallery on a 2.0 Moto Droid

GGPC

Lurker
Feb 18, 2010
Hello -

This is my first post to these forums. I use Picassa and want to install the new 2.1 gallery to my Moto Droid using stock 2.01. Can someone give me instructions on how to do that and where to find the file(s)? When 2.1 is officially released will having the 2.1 gallery already installed cause any problems? Are their any downsides to installing the 2.1 gallery?

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

The new gallery can be found at droid-life.com. It is as easy to install as enabling "allow unknown sources" in settings -> applications, downloading the .apk file, and then selecting the file to install.

If you are worried about a conflict when 2.1 comes out, just uninstall it using settings -> applications -> manage applications.

For me the only downside was it was a little slow, but try it for yourself.

Good luck

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip, but I tried to sync my gmail contacts that are linked to my Picassa account and it still doesn't work. I just don't see any option to sync my 2.1 Gallery or Droid with the Picassa photos. Do I need to delete the old Gallery? I just can't figure out what I am missing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones