• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Using MicroSD as Internal Storage?

I have my phone rooted.

@Incakola: I've installed xposed but looking at what it says. "xposed is not compatible with andriod SDK 21 or your processor architecture (armeabi-v7a).

and cannot link executable: could not load library "libdvm.so" needed by "/data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/app_process"; caused by library "libdvm.so" not found.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you don't use a lot of apps you can try using xternalsd with xposed framework and set all apps to be routed to a spot in your SD (ex: your Downloads folder). The rest of the internal storage can be just space for app installs.

If you have apps like games that take up quite a bit of space you can use this app, this one doesn't require xposed. If you have just big apps in general you can use link2sd.

Upvote 0
If you don't use a lot of apps you can try using xternalsd with xposed framework and set all apps to be routed to a spot in your SD (ex: your Downloads folder). The rest of the internal storage can be just space for app installs.

If you have apps like games that take up quite a bit of space you can use this app, this one doesn't require xposed. If you have just big apps in general you can use link2sd.

Well I tried using xternalsd with xposed but it gave me these warnings from above. This cellphone comes only with 4GB of Internal Memory and it uses almost 3GB leaving around 1GB to store data which is really low, and for example if I'd like to download a 1,2GB game (like FIFA 15 Ultimate Team) it'd be impossible to use link2sd since first I need to store it on the phone internal memory.

Upvote 0
Well I tried using xternalsd with xposed but it gave me these warnings from above. This cellphone comes only with 4GB of Internal Memory and it uses almost 3GB leaving around 1GB to store data which is really low, and for example if I'd like to download a 1,2GB game (like FIFA 15 Ultimate Team) it'd be impossible to use link2sd since first I need to store it on the phone internal memory.
Use the xposed version specifically for lollipop.... version 2.7 and below is for previous versions of android. Install the app an use the flash zip in the attachments.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

If your using the latest version of lollipop (5.1) then xposed won't work until it's uptdated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Use the xposed version specifically for lollipop.... version 2.7 and below is for previous versions of android. Install the app an use the flash zip in the attachments.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

If your using the latest version of lollipop (5.1) then xposed won't work until it's uptdated.

It's not possible to do with Internal 2 External application? Seems like too much modding for a new Android user, heh.

Upvote 0
It's not possible to do with Internal 2 External application? Seems like too much modding for a new Android user, heh.
Didn't realize your model is international (argentina?) so your on lollipop stock and your just rooted with no twrp recovery installed. If you use those apps that move apps to sd that still leaves the problem of downloading a big files in which you do not have storage for in the first place... Moving system apps like google play to SD isn't going to play very nice when your downloading a big file. Downloads from the browser will still save in the internal unless it gives you the option to change it (i.e dolphin browser and others). The only way around that problem is probably a init.d script.

Your stuck with link2sd for now until someone makes a init.d sd tweak tuned for our device.

Upvote 0
Didn't realize your model is international (argentina?) so your on lollipop stock and your just rooted with no twrp recovery installed. If you use those apps that move apps to sd that still leaves the problem of downloading a big files in which you do not have storage for in the first place... Moving system apps like google play to SD isn't going to play very nice when your downloading a big file. Downloads from the browser will still save in the internal unless it gives you the option to change it (i.e dolphin browser and others). The only way around that problem is probably a init.d script.

Your stuck with link2sd for now until someone makes a init.d sd tweak tuned for our device.

I rooted because I saw people that there was no risk at rooting it. Yes, it's Argentina model. I've been looking for TWRP recovery for my model but haven't found it.

I hope that init.d SD tweak comes out soon. The low space really annoys me...

Upvote 0
I rooted because I saw people that there was no risk at rooting it. Yes, it's Argentina model. I've been looking for TWRP recovery for my model but haven't found it.

I hope that init.d SD tweak comes out soon. The low space really annoys me...
I found a script for the f6 and changed a few values in it for it to actually work. Since I'm on kk, I ran an app to grant permission access on the SD. Now all directories in storage route to the SD. To access whatever was left in internal SD you to go to data/media/0. The problem though is I don't know how your /storage directories look like. It could be emulated,external_SD,sdcard0 and in that case I don't need to change names in the script.
2e8b47873a1b79dd8f68ad9c1af6f69a.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found a script for the f6 and changed a few values in it for it to actually work. Since I'm on kk, I ran an app to grant permission access on the SD. Now all directories in storage route to the SD. To access whatever was left in internal SD you to go to data/media/0. The problem though is I don't know how your /storage directories look like. It could be emulated,external_SD,sdcard0 and in that case I don't need to change names in the script.
2e8b47873a1b79dd8f68ad9c1af6f69a.jpg

It seems that the internal storage is /storage/emulated/0 and external is /storage/external_SD, like on your picture.

Looking at the script from androidguy1991:

#Credit androidguy1991

sleep 2
mount -o remount,rw /
mkdir -p /data/internal_sd
mount -o bind /storage/sdcard0 /data/internal_sd
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33 /storage/sdcard0
mount -o bind /data/internal_sd /storage/external_SD

How do I check which values to put on each function?

Upvote 0
It seems that the internal storage is /storage/emulated/0 and external is /storage/external_SD, like on your picture.

Looking at the script from androidguy1991:

#Credit androidguy1991

sleep 2
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -o bind /storage/sdcard0 /data/internal_sd
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33 /storage/sdcard0
mount -o bind /data/internal_sd /storage/external_SD

How do I check which values to put on each function?

I switched sdcard0 and external:

sleep 2
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -o bind /storage/external_SD /data/internal_sd
mount -t vfat -o umask=0000 /dev/block/vold/179:33 /storage/external_SD
mount -o bind /data/internal_sd /storage/sdcard0

Copy the Android folder from the root of your internal to your SD(root directory) if you want your app configs the same instead of starting all over. Same goes for your pics, music and other files you use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I switched sdcard0 and external:

sleep 2
mount -o remount,rw /

Copy the Android folder from the root of your internal to your SD(root directory) if you want your app configs the same instead of starting all over. Same goes for your pics, music and other files you use.

For some reason it's not working.

sleep 2
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -t vfat -o umask=0007 /dev/block/vold/179:66 /storage/external_SD

I've tried to make it match the data from the device but still does not work. If I try to run the 11extsd2internalsd it says "mount: Device or resource busy".
And after some time I can't open any application or anything. I have to restart phone to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For some reason it's not working.

sleep 2
mount -o remount,rw /

I've tried to make it match the data from the device but still does not work. If I try to run the 11extsd2internalsd it says "mount: Device or resource busy".
And after some time I can't open any application or anything. I have to restart phone to do it.

It's suppose to run once the device boots up. How are you running this?
Did you enable init.d support?
Did you put the file in etc/init.d and set the permissions to rwxrwxrwx?
You may need an app to automatically run it upon boot if the rom itself doesn't do it.

My setup is I have smanager installed and I configured it to run the script on boot with su permisision.

Upvote 0
It's suppose to run once the device boots up. How are you running this?
Did you enable init.d support?
Did you put the file in etc/init.d and set the permissions to rwxrwxrwx?
You may need an app to automatically run it upon boot if the rom itself doesn't do it.

My setup is I have smanager installed and I configured it to run the script on boot with su permisision.

I've set it up with SManager too with Su and Boot enabled. I enabled init.d support and set the permissions to rwxrwxrwx. Which application could do this? Couldn't it be an issue with the script itself?

Upvote 0
I've set it up with SManager too with Su and Boot enabled. I enabled init.d support and set the permissions to rwxrwxrwx. Which application could do this? Couldn't it be an issue with the script itself?
Your using a permission setting (umask):

Where mine is:

Did you changed that on purpose?

Here's the one edited: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw-bC7Bt0CjfZGdzZ2liOXJiWGs/edit?usp=docslist_api

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your using a permission setting (umask):

Where mine is:

Did you changed that on purpose?

Here's the one edited: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw-bC7Bt0CjfZGdzZ2liOXJiWGs/edit?usp=docslist_api

Yes, I looked at the phone data and the /dev/block/vold/ was different number (179:66). I throw my bets the issue is here on the script, though.

Try another init.d enabler that claims lollipop support just to be sure

Tried two. Universal Init.d Support and Init.d Toggler. Universal Init.d Suppor verify returned a Success.

Upvote 0
Yes, I looked at the phone data and the /dev/block/vold/ was different number (179:66). I throw my bets the issue is here on the script, though.

Tried two. Universal Init.d Support and Init.d Toggler. Universal Init.d Suppor verify returned a Success.
Yeah your right, I'll look into it more. Testing a script like this won't cause any harm, so since you have that variant I'd play around with the umask permissions I guess.

Upvote 0
Right now, I'm at a File Explorer. on /storage I have emulated, external_SD, sdcard0 (Which, from the looks of it is a shortcut or some sort of redirection folder.), uicc0, uicc1, usbotg. The contents of sdcard0 and emulated are the same, but inside of emulated instead of having the contents first it has a folder called "0" and a "legacy" folder. Which both have also the same contents. And now seems like instead of being /dev/block/vold/179:66, it's /dev/block/vold/179:65.

If I try to run it from SManager, it keeps throwing mount: device or resource busy. I've also noticed that the script is run at startup and after a while I can't use applications and if I try to check the space used it gets stuck on "Calculating...".

Now I've reset phone to factory settings, enabled init.d but link2sd can't mount 2nd partition for some reason... I've enabled init.d and all. Meh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right now, I'm at a File Explorer. on /storage I have emulated, external_SD, sdcard0 (Which, from the looks of it is a shortcut or some sort of redirection folder.), uicc0, uicc1, usbotg. The contents of sdcard0 and emulated are the same, but inside of emulated instead of having the contents first it has a folder called "0" and a "legacy" folder. Which both have also the same contents. And now seems like instead of being /dev/block/vold/179:66, it's /dev/block/vold/179:65.

If I try to run it from SManager, it keeps throwing mount: device or resource busy. I've also noticed that the script is run at startup and after a while I can't use applications and if I try to check the space used it gets stuck on "Calculating...".

Now I've reset phone to factory settings, enabled init.d but link2sd can't mount 2nd partition for some reason... I've enabled init.d and all. Meh.

Take out the script, it's obviously causing more of a inconvenience rather than solving your problem. You got to recreate mount within link2sd app after the script is gone. I've looked over the KDZ indexes and it's looks like the argentina variant doesn't have KK. Reason I checked was I saw a build of TWRP for the D390n but it's impossible to install it with lollipop's bootloader screwing everything up.

Sorry to backtrack but it seems maybe xposed could actually help you. Is it possible for you to access stock recovery on your device? You could use the "update.zip" method if it has that option in recovery. There's also "manually" installing the files if your up to it, the permissions need to be set exact.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones