• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

using modem as a phone

Hai Every one,
I am new to this android field i installed sdk of version 20 and using java 1.6 and eclipse indigo adt's version is 18. Now i want to connect modem to my pc through an android program i want to call and receive calls even what are the things i need to consider please help me.
Regards,
Sireesha

Hi sireeshakumari, welcome to Android Forums.

I really have no idea about that. But let me first verify what you are trying to do - are you trying to place a call with the native phone app via the android emulator for the SDK?

I really don't know much at all about that, after the 'Hello World' program, I gave up :p

But, if you are just trying to make calls with your internet connection from your computer, I'd look into something like Google Voice. That could possibly be a solution.
Best of luck, and welcome to Android Forums!
-9to5

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones