1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using saved photo as wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rgarner, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

My friend was sent a photo and downloaded it, but how can he use it as wallpaper? He has the LG X Charge. Also, how do I stop this underline thing?

Advertisement

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

It depends. Does he use a 3rd party launcher? I do, and when I long-press on a home screen, one of its choices is wallpaper; selecting that presents me with a bunch of sources to choose from, including Photos (the Google app).

Do you know where he downloaded it to? He just needs to know where to look, and then he should be able to select it and set it.

See if you can find out, 1) if he uses a launcher, which one, and, 2) does he know where he put the picture?
    Like I did? ;)

I don't know which editor you're using here, but the way I start/stop underlining is by typing in the BB code for it. I'm guessing you don't do that, which probably means you accidentally clicked the underline tool as you were typing. You can edit your post--someone who uses the text tools can help you--or just leave it as is.

If it keeps happening, let us know and we'll get it sorted out.

Rgarner and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

He just uses whichever launcher the phone came with, and he has no idea where the picture went. It's totally stock except for anything he might have downloaded accidentally. He's even less techie than I am.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

There should be an option to use as wallpaper on any image you download/take.

Rgarner and PitCarver like this.
  5. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

Where do you mean? Browser? The OP said: "My friend was sent a photo and downloaded it"

I don't know how he downloaded it, but I'll bet if he'd seen an option to set it as wallpaper, he'd have picked it! ;)

Rgarner likes this.
  6. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

See if long-pressing on a home screen brings up 'wallpaper' as a choice. Assuming it does, and he selects it, it should bring up several choices; here's mine:

Screenshot_20190724-193540.png

From there it's just a matter of finding the picture!

I would start with the most obvious choice, Google's Photos. He should eventually find it, then just select it and 'set as wallpaper' or something similar should appear for him to select.

Rgarner and PitCarver like this.