• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using saved photo as wallpaper

My friend was sent a photo and downloaded it, but how can he use it as wallpaper? He has the LG X Charge.
It depends. Does he use a 3rd party launcher? I do, and when I long-press on a home screen, one of its choices is wallpaper; selecting that presents me with a bunch of sources to choose from, including Photos (the Google app).

Do you know where he downloaded it to? He just needs to know where to look, and then he should be able to select it and set it.

See if you can find out, 1) if he uses a launcher, which one, and, 2) does he know where he put the picture?
Also, how do I stop this underline thing?
Like I did? ;)

I don't know which editor you're using here, but the way I start/stop underlining is by typing in the BB code for it. I'm guessing you don't do that, which probably means you accidentally clicked the underline tool as you were typing. You can edit your post--someone who uses the text tools can help you--or just leave it as is.

If it keeps happening, let us know and we'll get it sorted out.

Reactions: Rgarner and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
There should be an option to use as wallpaper on any image you download/take.
Where do you mean? Browser? The OP said: "My friend was sent a photo and downloaded it"

I don't know how he downloaded it, but I'll bet if he'd seen an option to set it as wallpaper, he'd have picked it! ;)

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
He just uses whichever launcher the phone came with, and he has no idea where the picture went.
See if long-pressing on a home screen brings up 'wallpaper' as a choice. Assuming it does, and he selects it, it should bring up several choices; here's mine:

Screenshot_20190724-193540.png

From there it's just a matter of finding the picture!

I would start with the most obvious choice, Google's Photos. He should eventually find it, then just select it and 'set as wallpaper' or something similar should appear for him to select.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones