• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root using sp recovery- sd card constantly corrupt

TehNerd

Apr 26, 2010
Hey guys, I have been using sp recovery, with kangerade 5.0.9 and chevy 1.2. I have run backups with sprecovry, but the next time I go into sp recovery and attempt backup it says sd card corrupt, giving me the error #31. I haven't connected to my computer since the last time I formatted and the only thing other than a charger I have connected is the droid dock. I can't figure out what could cause this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!

This may sound crazy, but I had a similar thing happen to me and this is what I did. Download ROM Manager on the marketplace. Then flash clockwork recovery. Then immediately just reflash the alternate recovery (found toward the bottom). It will reflash SP Recovery. Then try again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones