1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Using VZAccess Manager to get Internet on Transformer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rocket2247, Jul 21, 2011.

1. rocket2247

rocket2247 Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    I have the Verizon USB device that I use to get internet on my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to download the VZAccess Manager software on the Transformer and use the USB device to get internet on the Transformer. I have the optional keyboard for the Transformer so I am able to plug in USB devices.

A lot of the places I am using the Transformer I cannot get Wifi and am looking for better options. I have an HTC Evo 4g phone through Sprint but I am not experienced enough to somehow connect my Evo and the Transformer.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
  3. rocket2247

rocket2247 Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    Does that mean that I cannot use the Verizon USB? If so, is there a way that I can get the wireless tethering without rooting?

4. busted bones

busted bones Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Shipping and Receiving Manager
    Theres even an app out now that allows for tethering without root and it transfers over bluetooth. From what Ive read it may be a little buggy at times but surely with updates that all can be fixed.

Reason I brought this up is Im unsure if the OP has updated his EVO to gingerbread and if he has that would mean he cannot root his phone yet.

5. busted bones

busted bones Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Shipping and Receiving Manager
    I dont know the answer to your first question but I dont think you would be able too. As for your second question yes, the app you would download is called pdanet. You have to download it on your phone.

6. frh1

frh1 Lurker
    None

May 15, 2011
    I tried using my HTC EVO 4G to provide internet access for a HTC FLyer. Google Navigate would be taking me to an address, the phone would ring, kill internet a cess, and I would be driving around in circles until I got off the phone.

I wound up taking the Flyer back and getting an HTC EVO View. 4G with Sprint pretty much does not exist where I live, and Sprint's 3G is so slow a lot of websites time out before they load. I wound up buying a Verizon 4G Mifi so I could have decent internet access for my tablet.

My suggestion would be to replace the Verizon USB device with a 4G MIFi, even if you have to pay their full $260 for it. (I got lucky and found a barely used one for $100.)

7. Crash27

Crash27 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Male
    Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
    I use my Xperia Play to connect my Transformer to, I just turn on the Portable Hotspot under Wireless Settings and then connect my Transformer to the Cell Phones Wifi. Not sure if the HTC has this but It should have the same feature, Its a great feature, does not matter where I am I have internet and it does not disconnect when I use my phone. Here is what it looks like under the settings, Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

[​IMG]

8. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    No you can't install windows (or MAC) stuff on the Transformer. They're written for different Operating Systems (OS).

You have to find Android-specific drivers/ applications.