• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Various quirky behavior - considering factory reset

Seanette

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2012
Sacramento, CA
I've been having a fair amount of trouble with my Triumph the last few days, such as still not being able to get a data connection after turning off Juice Defender (which does seem to have a rather bad habit of not turning stuff on when the user wants to use it), and a lot of random rebooting, where I won't hear my shutdown audio, but will get the startup sound.

Aside from further efforts with JD, I'm also beta-ing a version of Titanium Backup that theoretically connects to GoogleDrive (that's not working, but since the GoogleDrive app isn't either, I'm inclined to blame Google for that problem).

At this point, I'm seriously considering resetting to factory and rebuilding. Suggestions, comments, laughter,... ? :D

I've been having a fair amount of trouble with my Triumph the last few days, such as still not being able to get a data connection after turning off Juice Defender (which does seem to have a rather bad habit of not turning stuff on when the user wants to use it), and a lot of random rebooting, where I won't hear my shutdown audio, but will get the startup sound.

Aside from further efforts with JD, I'm also beta-ing a version of Titanium Backup that theoretically connects to GoogleDrive (that's not working, but since the GoogleDrive app isn't either, I'm inclined to blame Google for that problem).

At this point, I'm seriously considering resetting to factory and rebuilding. Suggestions, comments, laughter,... ? :D

i never used JD so im blank on that subject, but there are a few ways people get data back
first just turning the phone off and back on
turn airplane mode on/off
turn wifi on/off
i also myself have seen sometimes my 3g icon isnt there but data is still working and idk y but everytime it happens i go into settings and stop facebook, browser, and google play and bing 3g is back

also random resets without audio is no good, the only times ive ever had this happen to me is when something crashes the phone, you may jave an app that causing crashes or something(someone else may have some more info on this for ya, i just know my phone has only done this twice, once where i was actually looking right at it, the phone will lock up, then there is no shutdown, its as if the battery was pulled, instant off)

Upvote 0
I choose laughter! :rofl:

But seriously it could be a number of things. Like people have suggested get rid of juice defender. That could be one problem why google drive isn't working. What I have read of JD is that it really doesn't work that well and doesn't necessarily save on battery. If you want to save battery you can always manually turn data off or even syncing. If non of that helps you may have to do a factory reset and if you still are having problems might be time for a replacement.

Upvote 0
wait.

..your considering a "factory reset?"

that must mean your still on the stock rom...

the stock rom is SO broken I dont even know where to begin.

unless you use HDMI alot, you should go with CM7, its a stable community supported rom on a variety of devices, it updates your phone to 2.3.7 and lets a LOT of apps work that wont work on 2.2, not to mention that its faster, smoother, better all around....

idk what else to say, you are definately on the wrong rom.

if you really like HDMI, and dont mind sticking with froyo, froyocream sandwich is an awesome rom thats BASED on the stock rom but has a lot of stuff fixed.

all the problems with the Triumph stop when you move to a 3rd party rom.

and if your not willing to move to a 3rd party rom, well, welcome to the world of android. stock roms suck on MOST phones. CM7 is "THE" standard for what android OS "should be" and until you use it you will think im just BSing you.

Upvote 0
Yeah, still on stock, but considering switching ROMs (among other things, hoping for better battery life than I'm currently getting). I don't use HDMI. I do use the camera pretty frequently, so need a ROM that has that working.

I'll give some serious thought to switching ROMs if I'm thinking about rebuilding the system anyway.

Upvote 0
I'm a total noob when it comes to modifying stuff. As in I've never done it period. Heck I just got my phone a few months ago. But I was getting frustrated with all of the weird crap it was doing. I watched those YouTube videos from the member here about installing cm7. Actually I watched them several times before working up the nerve. But it was a piece of cake. I've been on cm7 for a few weeks now and can say it is well worth it. The phone is much more stable.

Upvote 0
Any opinions on battery life in CM7?

my phone right outta the box couldnt go any longer than 22 hours ever, even without me using it at all, 22 hours was max battery life for me

i switched to CM7-reloaded and got the longest time since charged ive ever seen, just short of 3 days since last charge

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones