• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vehicle charging mount?

sorka

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2010
The S3 was almost a non starter. It turns out the Infuse vehicle charging mount just happens to fit. Not as smoothly or one handedly as the Droid X and it's factory mount, but it was decent and over the last year it hasn't ruined or worn the finish of the S3 after hundreds of mounts and dismounts.

Otherwise, I would have had to send the S3 back and go with another Motorola.

So now it's the beginning again. I have searched and see no vehicle charging mounts that will charge the S4. Since the sizes are very similar, it's possible the Infuse dock will still work.

Has anyone tried it by any chance?

Mounts like the iBolt where you have to plug in a separate cable are a non starter.

I don't know this mount but if it fits the S3 properly then no, it won't fit.

The S3 and the S4 are a similar size and shape but not similar enough for a mount that fits either properly to fit the other.

Brodit do a mount that doesn't need plugging in separately. I don't have one for the S4 but I have had a mount of theirs in the past and it was well made and fitted perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones