• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Ventrilo on Android - Let's make it happen!

Found this post and app a few weeks back and have been testing it and updating it on my Nexus One. The servers I connect to use Speex 32 KHz, 16-bit, 10 Qual and sound crystal clear. Seems in the more recent versions the incoming sound quality has improved as well.

In the newer updated version/UI I noticed now you need to push/hold to talk where as before you could tap to enable tap to disable. I would say depending on the situation the holding it to talk can be a pain. Could you have either way as a option of some sort so it can be toggled?

Also another feature I think would be nice is to view who is connected to the server in what channels from the server list before you connect. This is a great feature of the desktop client as well there is a website php where you can view as well. Yes Stalker mode is needed lol.

Was wondering if bluetooth headset support may be supported in the future? I had tried the wired earpeice and it works fine but bluetooth would be pretty pro. A toggle button like when in a phone call would be sweet to enable/disable.

Thanks for this excellent app, it already has great functionality and the UI is already improving.

Upvote 0
For anyone that is posting feature requests, they're not going to get done if you post it here.

Check if there's already a ticket on:
Custom Query ? Mangler

If there isn't, you can create one yourself here:
http://www.mangler.org/trac/newticket
You'll probably need an account though.

That being said, alpha4 will be out soon that fixes the Galaxy S issue, some crashes when talking in queue mode channels, and other small bugfixes.

Upvote 0
For anyone that is posting feature requests, they're not going to get done if you post it here.

Check if there's already a ticket on:
Custom Query ? Mangler

If there isn't, you can create one yourself here:
http://www.mangler.org/trac/newticket
You'll probably need an account though.

That being said, alpha4 will be out soon that fixes the Galaxy S issue, some crashes when talking in queue mode channels, and other small bugfixes.

Cannot wait! :D

Upvote 0
Ok, so alpha4 is out...
This release should fix transmission issues for several devices (including the Galaxy S), and includes other minor bugfixes / cosmetic changes. Please do not try to change screen orientation while logging in, this is a known issue and is being worked on.

Someone seems to have taken our namespace on the market (org.mangler), so this update will require you to uninstall your previous mangler install manually. We've changed our namespace to org.mangler.android and we can now be found on the market!

Please still be aware that this Alpha release will send crash reports to our server. To clarify this, we have added a EULA starting from Alpha4. If you don't want this behavior, please wait for a stable release

No direct link to apk available this time, just grab it from the market (clickable / scannable):

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones