• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verified root but after flashing stock rom, "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this de

Hey guys, had a little problem pop while while setting up my moto 9 g plus.

I have already successfully rooted and verified it on my phone once, and after flashing stock rom, it says in Root Checker App it says "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device.

I thought once successfully rooted, you did not have to worry. I flashed the stock rom, used adb to remove some basic bloatware, and started installing some apps. I already flashed magisk and it shows it is installed successfully, as well as xposed framework, but when I tried to give root access to youtube vanced, it wouldn't let me. That's when I downloaded the root checker again and seen this message.

Anyone have any idea why this happened and how I can fix it? If I need to root my phone again, it's just that I don't know where to begin because I've done it all once. I already have done all the steps to have twrp and magisk. Where do I go from here to get the root verified again?

Thanks!

Hey guys, had a little problem pop while while setting up my moto 9 g plus.

I have already successfully rooted and verified it on my phone once, and after flashing stock rom, it says in Root Checker App it says "Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device.

I thought once successfully rooted, you did not have to worry. I flashed the stock rom, used adb to remove some basic bloatware, and started installing some apps. I already flashed magisk and it shows it is installed successfully, as well as xposed framework, but when I tried to give root access to youtube vanced, it wouldn't let me. That's when I downloaded the root checker again and seen this message.

Anyone have any idea why this happened and how I can fix it? If I need to root my phone again, it's just that I don't know where to begin because I've done it all once. I already have done all the steps to have twrp and magisk. Where do I go from here to get the root verified again?

Thanks!

Already solved...I did verify root after flash and installing magisk, but I did not realize that the security patches would cause screw up root. Just had to reflash magisk and root verification works again.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones