• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 AOSP Based d2lte Nightlies

Ab5traktion

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2012
I originally made this list of Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 Nightlies for the Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 forum (because I have the Virgin Mobile GS3), but all of these ROMs will work with the Verizon Galaxy S3. They will also work on any other version of the GS3 because they are d2lte ROMs. Luckily, with Verizon, you don't have to go through the trouble Virgin Mobile GS3 owners have to go through to get every function working on the phone. All you need to do is pick a ROM, flash it and the GAPPS, and you're good to go. Since I had already made this list, I figured I would spread the wealth and post these ROMs here as well. I added an info link under each download link so you can read up on every ROM and get to know them before you flash them.

Dirty Unicorns is the only ROM on this list that wasn't upgraded from Android 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 but, in my opinion, it is still one of the best ROMs on this list. Unfortunately, Team D.I.R.T. no longer makes official builds for d2lte, which is us. There may be unofficial builds of Dirty Unicorns to come down the road, but it is still definitely a ROM to check out. Make sure you use the 6/12 build.

I included the Android 4.4.4 GAPPS with this list as well as the Philz Touch Recovery updates. You don't necessarily need to use Philz. But you do need to use the equivalent of ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.3 or higher.

I added a few extras at the end of this list. I've added the Android L Bootloader and Android L theme. The Android L theme works on ROMs that have Theme Manager, or Cyanogen Theme Showcase, built in them. This allows you to get the Android L look on your phone well before it's official release.

I also added the link to the Candy Sweetner Pack. This can be used on every AOSP based ROM. I use it every time I flash a ROM. If you're going to clean flash it with the ROM and GAPPS, flash Candy Sweetner last because it uses the Aroma Installer. Just might be easier. But this can also be dirty flashed. That means if you're already running a ROM and want to add the customizations in Candy Sweetner, you can just boot to recovery and flash it without having to wipe your data or cache.

I hope you find this helpful and useful. Being able to use so many ROMs is nice because it shows there is continued development for the GS3 even if it is a couple years old.

Flash in this order:
1) Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 d2lte Nightly
2) Android 4.4.3/4.4.4 GAPPS
3) Candy Sweetner Pack (optional)

Android 4.4.3

Dirty Unicorns d2lte (links that say 'du-d2lte')

*Dirty Unicorns info

Android 4.4.4 Nightlies

Gummy ROM d2lte

*Gummy ROM info

Nameless ROM d2lte

*Nameless ROM info

AICP ROM d2lte

*AICP ROM info

Vanir ROM d2lte

*Vanir ROM info

Carbon ROM d2lte

*Carbon ROM info

Slim ROM d2lte

*Slim ROM info

Liquid Smooth ROM d2lte

*Liquid Smooth ROM info

CyanogenMod ROM d2lte

*CyanogenMod ROM info

PAC ROM d2lte

*PAC ROM info

C-RoM d2lte

*C-RoM info

AOKP ROM d2lte

*AOKP ROM info

OmniROM d2lte

*OmniROM info

Beanstalk ROM d2lte

*Beanstalk ROM info

AOSB ROM d2lte

*AOSB ROM info

Paranoid Android ROM d2lte

*Paranoid Android ROM info

CandyKat ROM d2lte

*CandyKat ROM info

OSE ROM d2lte

*OSE ROM info

SOKP ROM d2lte

*SOKP ROM info

Android 4.4.4 GAPPS

Philz Touch Recovery d2lte

Android L Boot Animation

Android L Theme

Android L Keyboard

Extra mods for AOSP ROMs. Works on all AOSP based ROMs. Mods include LockRings, GlowDotz, Custom HALO, Scrubbers (volume|media handles), LockMax, Wifi Icons, Signal Icons, In-Call Icons, LockScreen Targets, Clear All Icons, etc customizations. Dirty flashing is acceptable, because being clean is just so boring: Themes and Mods - Welcome to The Candy Shop

Reactions: Mikestony
WOW, thanks Ab5traktion:)
Couple questions...
Some links go to thread for the AT&T S3 but you say it will work with Verizon?
What about the International version of the S3? Will the roms listed work for that variant?
Just want to be sure as I thought we should only flash roms for our device/carrier?

Also, may want to re-check the link you have for CarbonRom...it goes to a "SSL Error" page. ;)

Upvote 0
These ROMs are designed to work on every variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 on any of the major US carriers. So, the same ROM will work on Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint. It used to be different at first. For a Verizon GS3 ROM, it used to be classified as d2vzw. Sprint was d2spr. T-Mobile was d2tmo. And AT&T was d2att. But now developers have unified all US variants of the GS3 under d2lte. I guess I should have clarified that these are for the US variants.

With the international version, it's more tricky. I believe you have to look for the specific model number of your phone. So, you'd look for GT-i9300 or i9300 in the list of devices under a ROM

And I don't know why it does that for Carbon ROM. I'm using Chrome and click on Proceed Anyway to get to the nightlies. It'll take you there. It's something screwy with their website because the link to the nightlies are from their website.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones