• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Blaming Outage On Samsung Charge....

Here ya go, What I got credited for the outage.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    894.5 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
I'd say it's not really just a matter of prorating your 30 day service and refunding 1 day's worth of service. If you're trying to download files, or stream videos, to me the frustration of no or slow connection and no communication from a COMMUNICATIONS company that there is a data outage, that warrants 1/2 of a month's worth of data charges. I did a reset, drove to my local verizon store to find out if my phone was defective, I say my time should be taken into consideration. If these large companies aren't held accountable then they'll continue to provide crappy service.

why didn't you just check this forum to see if the network was down? :p

Reactions: McLabia
Upvote 0
I'm not taking sides - I understand why people are upset and I agree some people are overreacting. But to play Devil's Advocate, do you think people who couldn't make business calls or whose car broke down or who didn't get the call that their mother was admitted to the E.R. thought that day of service was only worth $1?

Just sayin'

Exactly. I haven't called to complain because I didn't know it was an issue that was widespread and not just my phone. My phone is brand new. For what it's worth, I was traveling with my 6 month old baby, just several hours after my husband deployed and he couldnt get through to me to tell me landed safely and had been diverted. Hours later, 9 military members were shot and killed where I knew he was supposed to be traveling through. It is strictly my opinion, but that one day of horrible, crappy service is worth a LOT more than $1 to me when you consider the amount of emotional stress my husband and I endured because we couldn't connect.

Also, you claim phone service wasn't interrupted but I only had 1X and could not get calls through to others in the US half of the day. When I could the connection sucked. My husband was trying to reach me via skype on my mobile and it simply wouldn't connect for longer than 5 seconds and only video that immediately froze with no audio (in the morning on the 27) and then not at all the rest of the day. I was in Baltimore at the time and the night before had been surfing with 4G.

Upvote 0
Exactly. I haven't called to complain because I didn't know it was an issue that was widespread and not just my phone. My phone is brand new. For what it's worth, I was traveling with my 6 month old baby, just several hours after my husband deployed and he couldnt get through to me to tell me landed safely and had been diverted. Hours later, 9 military members were shot and killed where I knew he was supposed to be traveling through. It is strictly my opinion, but that one day of horrible, crappy service is worth a LOT more than $1 to me when you consider the amount of emotional stress my husband and I endured because we couldn't connect.

Also, you claim phone service wasn't interrupted but I only had 1X and could not get calls through to others in the US half of the day. When I could the connection sucked. My husband was trying to reach me via skype on my mobile and it simply wouldn't connect for longer than 5 seconds and only video that immediately froze with no audio (in the morning on the 27) and then not at all the rest of the day. I was in Baltimore at the time and the night before had been surfing with 4G.
Sorry I don't believe this. Phone calls don't go trough the 3g or 4G. I was making phone calls all day during the outage with the bolt. You had access to this forum that had info on how to manually connect to 3g. Sure Skype video wouldn't work on 1x but again you could of manually set up the 3g setting.

So tell me another tall tale. Again phone calls don't go through 3g or 4g.

Reactions: McLabia
Upvote 0
Sorry I don't believe this. Phone calls don't go trough the 3g or 4G. I was making phone calls all day during the outage with the bolt. You had access to this forum that had info on how to manually connect to 3g. Sure Skype video wouldn't work on 1x but again you could of manually set up the 3g setting.

So tell me another tall tale. Again phone calls don't go through 3g or 4g.

Many military persons use Skype as calling. So in that regard, it DOES use the data network, hence the freezing video, poor connection. To be honest, I would've just not used the video chat, and tried just simple voice, which would be poor even on 1x, and some 3G areas if it's that congested. So while regular calls would've been fine, if she was referring to the Skype calling, I can see how that would be affected by the data issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones