• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Call Drops/Internet Drops

universem2

Jun 26, 2012
Sorry to start another thread. This thread is meant only for people from Verizon who have had call drops, or their internet doesn't work in certain areas. Please tell us about your experiences with these events.

I saw on the Verizon Signal Reception thread that many are throwing numbers around. However, what we all are interested in is there is any real life signal issues. If my SGS3 says -103db signal but I can both receive/make a phone call, and browse the internet I don't care if my friend's uncle's boss's daughter's moto razzr max super qHD+- has a signal strength of -77db.

By the way I'd still like to thank those who are reporting the signal strength, and that is very useful. But I just want to make a thread for us laymen/laywomen.

Reactions: Johnnybee
I live in the Nashville, TN 4G market. I've had my Verizon S3 since Friday afternoon. S/N is 114dBm at home. I have no problems making and receiving calls. Calls are clear on both ends, and I have no drop outs or dropped calls. I've been mostly at home, and have had a rock solid connection to my home WiFi. When I have been out, both calls and 4G have had no issues. I did go to Gallatin, TN Sunday morning. It's a suburb about an hour from downtown Nashville. Had great 4G speeds there and no problems with calls in the area.

Reactions: Johnnybee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones