• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Can I transfer my rooted Nexus (JB) phone to wife's number?

Dabitz

Android Enthusiast
Sep 17, 2010
NJ
I am thinking on buying my wife the SIII and then switch phones with her once the SIII gets developers support, etc. My question is, can I switch my wife to my Nexus as it is, or do I have to unroot, lock, and make it stock again?

I see the option under my verizon (online) to transfer the phone to the other line. I just wonder if it would fail or get block after it finds out its running Jelly Bean :)

It won't. The ONLY thing the transfer/network does is look at the identifying information passed by the SIM card, and allow the phone to either access the network or not. It doesn't dig into your phone to find out anything about it.

All it does is compare the subscriber identity on the SIM card, with a central database, and say "yep, allowed" or "no, goodbye."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones