• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Verizon extended battery question

Clint1583

Aug 21, 2010
Although my local verizon store didn't have the new extended battery in stock, they had one sent over from another store and just called me let me know it was in. The sales girl said I could try it first to make sure it still fit's with my case on. Before buying this today has anyone else bought one yet? Is the slightly added battery life worth the extra $49. bucks? Thanks!

So I had installed the Battery left widget and used it with both batteries now. In terms of my general usage I imagine it is fairly standard and average for most of us. Lots of e-mail, occasional web surfing, maybe 15 minutes total throughout the day of a game or two. I would say I am a heavy-moderate user. Oh, and Pandora while driving places...

Every morning my battery left widget would predict the batter would last until about Midnight that night. Now, with the extend battery it predicts it will last until 4:30 AM... So with my style use it gets me an extra 4.5 hours. I've found it totally worth it.

Just in contrast though, my wife is a very light user. She tends to only make occasional calls, e-mail and text a few times a day. She still has the original battery and I saw her widget yesterday day and when she unplugs in the morning it says that it would die around noon the next day! So, for her, the extend would probably mean a solid two days of use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones