• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon 'Extended Network' - LG Ally freezes and reboots?

mlynnc

Lurker
Sep 17, 2010
I bought an LG Ally from a local Verizon store last week and it has been an awesome little phone.

I had to travel an hour away to do some training for work this past week and while I was there, I never seemed to have a Verizon connection - my phone always said 'Extended Network'. While my phone said 'Extended Network', my phone would freeze up and reboot quite a lot. There wasn't anything in particular that would cause this to happen - I could be using Facebook, the browser or simply be on the 'Home' screen. This only seems to happen when connected to 'Extended Network', when I was connected to Verizon... I had no problems.

Is this normal? :thinking: Thanks :)

I've never had the extended network happen on my ally. And i've used it and google navigator to travel from Michigan to Louisiana and back. Maybe it's just your location? What's your signal like.

Thanks for your help. When I'm at home, my signal is pretty average... one to two out of four bars. I don't have any problems here though. My problems only seem to occur when I am in 'Extended Network' and connected to that, I had all four bars!

Strange... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones