• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] How to fix MMS Sending problem?

gt5oh

Jul 8, 2012
Ever since I had my Galaxy Nexus with Verizon I have had it rooted. I am running Bugless Beast and I have a problem with sending picture messages.

From my research this is not a rom problem but a Galaxy Nexus problem, it seems that it affects all the phones regardless of what Rom/Software they are running.. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Basically, when sending a MMS picture message, it will say Sending... and not go through, even if you restart the phone, disable/re-enable the Messaging app. Its an annoying problem and I am wondering if any of you have come across it.

I've this exact problem on my Galaxy S with two roms and on My Galaxy Nexus on four different roms and stock. On WiFi, off WiFi. 3g, 4g 1x. Doesn't matter. The success/failure on mms seems to be very random. I've seen many many solutions online but none have yielded 100% results for most people. I also thought it might be a Verizon issue, but I'm no sure about that either. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Just long press, delete. O or if I'm still trying to send it, long press edit

I've tried that on Stock when it would hang, and they would still get the picture sometimes. Almost like the system accepted it to send, but never told MY phone that it was accepted. Like, my phone send it, waited for the tower to send the "ok, I got it" message to stop my arrow from pending. But I've deleted the pics from mine that way, and still had it send anyway.

Obviously, it's handy to pull from our side that way, so it's not just sitting there bugging us, but it may still go through anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones