• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon - I Love You

bennec

Jun 23, 2010
I just found out the best news from Verizon folks. I purchased my Droid X at retail because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade since I had purchased the original Droid X four months before I decided I really wanted the DX. Verizon billed me for the replacement phone for 199.00 + tax. When I received my Verizon bill it was for 309.00 for this month. No surprise there.

I just got off the phone with Verizon Customer Service to see if the DX I sent back had been received. I was only going to pay my normal 97.00/month portion of the 309.00, knowing that
once the credit was applied I would be current with my bill and payments.

I was just informed my credit card (which I used to purchase the DX at retail value) was credited for 609.00. I immediately went online to look at my credit card statement to see if I had that amount credited and I did!

I just got my DX for an upgrade of 199.00 when I wasn't really eligible. I told the Verizon Customer Service gal I had NO complaints. I will gladly pay this 309.00 payment this month. I just saved 400.00 on my phone :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones