• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon IS "exclusive" re-seller in U.S. per Samsung spokeswoman

Guys...You really have to see the BIG Picture! This is a Geek phone, It's going to be by no means a huge mainstream phone. We are all in love with it, but the majority of people have no clue what the heck Android is, let alone Ice Cream Sandwich...lol

I highly doubt this phone is a VZW Exclusive at all...What...Maybe 2 weeks...lol

Either way, it's coming...Sooner then later I would say!

Upvote 0
I'll just leave this here.

Sprint customers, get your wallets ready! Our Sprint source has come through with another internal leak. A purchase order has come through listing a “Nexus Prime” poster for Sprint. This means that the Galaxy Nexus may come to the “Now Network.”
Some may question: why it is listed as the Nexus Prime? Well, the internal codename for the Galaxy Nexus is the “Nexus Prime.” I have confirmed this with a Samsung developer who worked with the device. There are no details on the availability or price as of yet.

Source: Briefmobile

Others:
Packing list shows Samsung Galaxy Nexus going to Sprint.

Galaxy Nexus spotted in internal Sprint document?

Galaxy Nexus tipped in leaked Sprint purchase order.

Reactions: heavychevy
Upvote 0
still don't understand why Google/Samsung won't just come out and said which carriers and dates... and we wonder why Apple is so successful?!?

At least with Apple's iPhone announcements, people get the release date, carriers and price.

Google/Samsung need to get all their ducks in a row, then announce...

Verizon can't enjoy the benefits of being the exclusive carrier if people know that they can get the phone on other networks soon. Google and Samsung will be mum about other carriers until close to the release dates.

Apple does the same thing when handling the iPhone, but rumors usually leak the information earlier.

Upvote 0
Guys...You really have to see the BIG Picture! This is a Geek phone, It's going to be by no means a huge mainstream phone. We are all in love with it, but the majority of people have no clue what the heck Android is, let alone Ice Cream Sandwich...lol

Really? You do know that Android is outselling the iPhone 2-to-1, don't you? With a margin like that you'd have a hard time convincing me that most people don't know what Android is.

Upvote 0

I highly doubt this phone is a VZW Exclusive at all...What...Maybe 2 weeks...lol

Either way, it's coming...Sooner then later I would say!

Sean, I think you're mostly right, but one thing all people these days understand is a 4.65" 720P display. Nothing geek about that. When people SEE ICS, they'll understand. History suggests it will be a VZ exclusive for more than 2 weeks, but I agree it's going to everyone.

Upvote 0
Seems VZW is heavy on the Razr and Sprint is heavy on ANY device that will get them customers. Makes more sense to me that Sprint would get it first, but apparently conflicting info.

I did not see in the VZW statement there was any exclusive for the Nexus and that would be touted, if so.

"Should" be around a month or less to find out.

Upvote 0
Seems VZW is heavy on the Razr and Sprint is heavy on ANY device that will get them customers. Makes more sense to me that Sprint would get it first, but apparently conflicting info.

I did not see in the VZW statement there was any exclusive for the Nexus and that would be touted, if so.

"Should" be around a month or less to find out.

Sprint put all their eggs in the iphone basket as shown by the huge deal they struck to buy so many iphones.

Upvote 0
yeah it won't be exclusive to VZW in the U.S. forever. as someone said above, key word being on release. further, they also say carrier. so this could mean unlocked and full price for an AT&T/T-Mo/Sprint variant. there's all kinds of ways you could twist it. one thing is for certain, there will be AT LEAST one GSM version, whether that be for T-Mo or AT&T. my money is on T-Mo if i had to guess.

Upvote 0
Key words - AT RELEASE.

Regarding the comment about Apple success tho... they appear to be all mighty because there is ONE phone for their whole chunk of the market. Android has more market share.
The article never said "at release". Quote from article:

"A Samsung spokeswoman confirmed to FierceWireless that Verizon will be the exclusive U.S. carrier for the device."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones