• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon just hooked me up!

downey1071

May 19, 2010
I have had nothing but trouble with my Eris ever since the OTA update. I have never rooted to even tried, so anyways I have talked to them many times about this and today, they asked me if I would like to get a different phone and I said YES! For some reason I was told she could not let me get the new DROID X, that's not really a big deal to me anyways, since the phone is HUGE, so I am getting the Incredible and I was also told that the phone would be here by three tomorrow, even know the website says ships buy 8/2. I guess they have a few in stock for just this situation. I will let everyone know if it does get here tomorrow or not.

Upvote 0
WOW I can't believe all of you who don't think this is a good deal. It is the same price as a brand new customer pays and I have only been with them for four months and now they are letting me have another brand new phone for the same price as a new customer. Well I guess I am just not as cheap as some are...

Upvote 0
WOW I can't believe all of you who don't think this is a good deal. It is the same price as a brand new customer pays and I have only been with them for four months and now they are letting me have another brand new phone for the same price as a new customer. Well I guess I am just not as cheap as some are...

No need to start name calling, that shows immaturity. You have to learn that not everyone in this world is going to agree with you. Part of Life.

As I said, Good luck! But FOR ME that is not a good deal. Why? Because you have been paying your monthly bill for the past 4 Months. Profit for Verizon. Add that up and tell me what that comes to? ($300-$350+??)

Now they want you to pay ANOTHER $200 because the first phone they sold you was faulty. (I know you got it as a BOGO but you still paid the monthly charges on a phone that didn't work well for you)

A Free Phone to make up for all of the headaches that the Eris has given you as a CUSTOMER, would be a DEAL.

If you think its a good deal, well then that is all that matters.

Maybe I'm just not into getting raped as others are...

Upvote 0
Well four months for me is about $1200 as I pay $300 per month, so I guess that's why $200 is not much money to me at all. I mean they could just keep making me take refurb Erises all day long, like some other on here have had to do. Maybe they just like me better than the others, or maybe its because I probably pay more than others do. I don't know. Either way I was happy not to have to pay the full retail price for the phone, even know they had every right to make me if I want a new phone. What some people don,t understand is that Verizon is a business and they are in business to make a profit and even know they sold me a phone that had problems, what I agreed to when I signed up with them was it I had problems with my phone after 30 day, I would have to accept a refurb phone so the fact that they are doing something extra for me, make me think I got a good deal.

Upvote 0
After having problem with several Eris phones, verizon replaced mine with a Motorola Droid. They were very nice about it and gave me a new, out of the box, phone while I was in the store. I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone. There is NO comparison. The Eris is very sub standard compared to the Motorola Droid. They did offer me a few other choices, but I chose to never go with a HTC phone again and I really wanted something that had been out a while and was 'tried and true' with good reviews. Good luck to you on your new phone and I hope you enjoy it!

Upvote 0
I actually got about the same deal.
I went through 3 eris' and finally I got them to cancel my contract and open up a new two yea contract giving me the inc at the 2 year price.
they gave me a $199 credit for my eris that I has, so basically I had to pay $100 for the inc but I get it back in the mail in rebate so i basically got it for free, plus io already sold my eris for $150 so I made out great.
Only thing is this, I was also TOLD that I would get the inc this week. I called and found out that it would be coming till 8/2.
I then told them wel u said id get it this week and already sold my other phone
SO they sent me out another eris to use until the inc comes, just doest have a back door but i think i can manage for 2 weeks lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones