• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Liquid JB rom!

My new favorite rom.... :D

Set my screen to wake with volume controls and to lock after 5 minutes.

Who cares about the rest?

I agree (depending on battery life)!

I just made the jump from Bugless Beast and am very impressed. This is my first experience with Liquid and I like it a lot. I am (was?) a diehard AOKP guy before Jelly Bean and since AOKP preview 4 wasn't quit right for me I decided to give this a try.

If you are currently on Bugless Beast and would like some customizations I recommend taking the Liquid plunge!

Upvote 0
I preferred LiquidSmooth on the ICS builds over AOKP, BAMF, Bugless, etc... If this is an Alpha build, I'm super excited to see what the stable builds bring.

So when I was on the BAMF JB ROM, I noticed included in the BAMF Gapps that Car Home was included, and was wondering if anyone has an apk to that file. I know there's alternatives but I liked that one and haven't seen it included in anything else. I even tried extracting it from the ROM itself through AirDroid, but no luck. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Even tho the screen blanks at 30 seconds and locks at 5 minutes (my settings), I still cannot wake it by touching the screen, the functionality I'm looking for. That's what I had on aokp m6 and loved it.

Seems like there's more tweaking available here than Xenon or AOKP tho.

Why is XenonHD the only one with reflection icons?
Screenshot_2012-07-14-13-09-31.png
I love those. :D

Upvote 0
Liquid was always my favorite ROM on ICS, so you can only imagine my excitement when I saw this had been posted.
I've been running it for ~7 hours now, and I can't discuss battery life because it's been plugged in most of that time, but it's definitely at least as smooth as Jelly Belly (which is what I was running earlier) and the customization options are coming along.

As far as it being an alpha version, one of the devs, hiemanshu, had this to say:
So far no bugs with the actual core at all! Its only called an alpha because we are still adding features from 1.5MR1, I have been using this for a while now, and no known bugs so far.

I have noticed (and reported) a couple bugs though:

-If you set custom lockscreen shortcuts the first time, the camera shortcut breaks and you have to set it yourself again manually.
-If you change the AM/PM style for the clock, you can't change it back without changing the clock to 24-hour mode and back
-Google Voice Search doesn't work until you download the appropriate language pack from Google Now->Settings->Voice->Download offline speech recognition

That's all I've found, and they're all very, very minor. Overall the ROM is super fast and super stable, and I've always been a huge Trinity kernel fan so no complaints there either.

tl;dr: Team Liquid's done it again :)

Edit: btw, bcote, are you going to keep the OP up-to-date? Or should I or someone else start an official unofficial thread? haha.

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
This rom is great. But 1 issue.

It gave my display a bluish tint. Like the cool/warm setting on a tv this looks like its been set to cool. Noticed it right away after the first boot up.

Anyone else notice that? :thinking:

This is the default color setting on Trinity kernel, which is the kernel included with the ROM. I actually like these colors a lot more, give your eyes a day or two to get used to it. You would not believe how yellow the stock kernel actually is; you'll never be able to go back.

However, if a few days pass and you decide that the enhanced colors are really not for you, you can always adjust the colors using something like Trickster Mod or just flash a different kernel like Faux or LeanKernel ;)

Upvote 0
This is the default color setting on Trinity kernel, which is the kernel included with the ROM. I actually like these colors a lot more, give your eyes a day or two to get used to it. You would not believe how yellow the stock kernel actually is; you'll never be able to go back.

However, if a few days pass and you decide that the enhanced colors are really not for you, you can always adjust the colors using something like Trickster Mod or just flash a different kernel like Faux or LeanKernel ;)

I like how the Trinity colors look but are there any noticeable battery differences? Does Trinity make it better or worse?

Upvote 0
I like how the Trinity colors look but are there any noticeable battery differences? Does Trinity make it better or worse?

Shouldn't make any discernable difference unless you use his app or other tweak app to lower the contrast a lot therefore adding darker blacks/ greys. It will be minimal gains though imo

Reactions: satellitez
Upvote 0
Really on the trinity colors? I think they look awful :eek:

I'm just a warm white guy. You can tweak the colors to your liking satellite with his paid app

I really wasn't so sure about the colors the first time I tried Trinity, but they really grew on me. How long did you try them?

I actually cringe and rush to change the colors any time I flash back to a kernel that isn't faux or trinity now, because all the colors look all beige/yellow :p

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones