• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] LiquidSmooth v2.1 Stable - Display

JohnnyT

Mar 23, 2010
NJ
I am digging this new ROM. Just flashed it last night. I've had some issues with trying to set the Display to stay on for a longer time. It never seems to take. Was hoping that someone could help me out with it.

From the Homescreen, I hit my Menu button and go into Settings, then under Device, I go into Display. Then under General, I click into Sleep and set it for 30 minutes. It seems to save at least for a little while, but 10 minutes later, it'll revert back to either 30 seconds or 5 seconds. Makes it tough to read any articles. After I reboot the phone, it definitely goes right back to Sleep after 30 seconds. I can't understand why it won't take. I figured it was a bug with v2.0 RC5, because it would revert back after the screen would go off. But this is the "Stable" version.

Anyone have any experience with this? I like the smoothness of the ROM though, so I'd like to keep it, but I just can't stand how it won't save the setting that I want.

Thanks, but I found the culprit. It was my fault. I had Profile Scheduler as an app, and it had a setting for the Screen. I had set it to Never, but since the system didn't have that as an option, it defaulted to 5 seconds. I changed Profile Scheduler to 30 minutes, and the System did likewise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones