• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Nexus One by end of the month & sold in-store?

She said it should be out by the end of March, but, again, it's a cust service rep and as always, take it with a grain of salt.

My wife moved from Verizon to AT&T because she wanted to get the iPhone. When she called from the store to get her account info so she could port her number over the customer service rep was trying to get her to reconsider. I understand that and all, but don't tell me Verizon has comparable phones with the iPhone when you obviously don't. This was a month before they got their first Android set. I think they'll tell you whatever it takes to keep you a customer.

But I hope it's true!

Upvote 0
end of month possibly...
sold in stores?? perhaps not. tmo would probably had it in their stores by now. unless google is just hatin. lmao
Considering most of the world uses GSM and the same can't be said about CDMA, Google probably wouldn't mind locking it to Verizon unless the Nexus One for Verizon is a World Phone.

Upvote 0
I somehow wounldn't be surprised if T-Mobile US wouldn't trying to get it... since the Desire is essentially a reskinned Nexus, with Sense, but minus Noise Cancellation, it would be a no-brainer to have AWS 1700MHz on it (as it's 99.9% the guts of the Nexus)... Certainly less effort for HTC to make a T-Mobile US version, than it would be to do a CDMA version for Verizon or Sprint... All it takes is an agreement between T-Mo and HTC, which they already have the best HTC relationship of all the US carriers, with the Dash, Wing, G1 and MyTouch3G.... oh, and HD2 coming...

Upvote 0
Boston sucks by the way. Lakers > Celtics

I believe the Celtics just beat the Lakers last night... and guess what, Ray Allen is back to his superstar self!!!

And I'm eagerly waiting for at least a solid release date for the Nexus One for Verizon. I check the Google website every day and I have already subscribed for the notification e-mail. I just bought the Droid cause I broke my LG Dare.

Upvote 0
listen to the engadget mobile podcast the one before the newer one....... they touch on this subject and actually nearly came up with something thats bound to happen..

the nexus wont be sold in stores it wil be sold on the site unbranded....... but the rumored cdma desire .... the htc incredible for verizon will be sold in stores as a branded version of the nexus one.......

Reactions: daveydog
Upvote 0
listen to the engadget mobile podcast the one before the newer one....... they touch on this subject and actually nearly came up with something thats bound to happen..

the nexus wont be sold in stores it wil be sold on the site unbranded....... but the rumored cdma desire .... the htc incredible for verizon will be sold in stores as a branded version of the nexus one.......

What exactly do you mean by branded and unbranded? I'm still eagerly waiting for some sort of release date for the Nexus One and for some more information such as a discount if eligible for upgrade or whether or not it will work with family plans.

Upvote 0

I hope they increase the RAM if this is true. There should be no reason to have less RAM than the Nexus One and call it the Nexus One.

Upvote 0
The N1 for Verizon will be out at the end of March and hearing it from a solid connect who has always been right in his area of expertise. That being said, he doesn't work for Verizon so I can only hope and pray it comes out in stores, though I assume it won't. My real hope is that we can get full VZ support for the phone. That is my biggest fear with the N1.

Now if I only had a good VZ or HTC connect so I could find out when the Incredible was coming so it could make my decision of which phone easier.

Upvote 0
The N1 for Verizon will be out at the end of March and hearing it from a solid connect who has always been right in his area of expertise. That being said, he doesn't work for Verizon so I can only hope and pray it comes out in stores, though I assume it won't. My real hope is that we can get full VZ support for the phone. That is my biggest fear with the N1.

Now if I only had a good VZ or HTC connect so I could find out when the Incredible was coming so it could make my decision of which phone easier.
i just wish the supersonic is real lol.

Upvote 0
What exactly do you mean by branded and unbranded? I'm still eagerly waiting for some sort of release date for the Nexus One and for some more information such as a discount if eligible for upgrade or whether or not it will work with family plans.
unbraded means that it doesnt say verizon on it at all and therefore noone can tell the difference between the tmo and verizon versions...... it also means that its not being sold by verizon.. the plan is.

of course verizone doesnt like that noone would who wouldnt want to market a phone on their own.... which is were josh's point comes into play about the incredible...........

Upvote 0

I remember that discussion and I don't think they said that it would be called, or referred to as, the Nexus One. I'm not sure if that's what you were saying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones