• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Note 2 Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Oh really? Where is my 64 gb or 32 for that matter! At this point, im not even sure it exists?

At least with Apple, you knew they were all available at the same time!

I kind of get the impression everyone is getting 16gb and other sizes will either not exist or show up a ways down the road. If these didn't have mSD I would consider Apples approach far better. The mSD still gives you better than Apple local media storage capability. Shoot 128gb mSD cards aren't probably too far off and will have the same formatting as 64gb ones these already support.

Upvote 0
According to my friend, who works for Verizon Wireless and whose boss has had the Note 2 for 3 weeks, said that if you got in close to the preorder launch, you'll likely get yours very soon, like October soon. The 11/27 stuff is a BY date, which is to cover their butts in time for holiday shipping etc.

We'll see I ordered mine at like 12:15am this morning so the next few days will tell.

Now to see about that darn home button.

Upvote 0
Do not trust a VZW customer service rep, they have no idea about release dates on phones.
This is true of any carrier reps.

I'm dead serious ravis. You'll be able to walk into any Verizon tomorrow to pre-order your Note 2. Or do it online. But you won't have it til November 29th. Verizon would never announce a pre-order for a phone 4 days before it launches. It's always at least a couple weeks before like it was with the S3. Same principle here my friend.
I checked and that is true.

I'm not spam. I guaranteed that pre-orders will be available at midnight, I was right. I guarantee the launch is November 29th. Which you will see is right as well.
partially true, they use that date as the last possible date. Some state Nov 27 and if shipped on that date then Nov 29 is dead on, but like I said, the date on some invoices may be the last possible date it is ship so in theory some can get theirs much earlier.

And with that, I have un-deleted a few posts (but not the ones that were flames)

In the future folks, if you feel it is a spam, a bot, outright flame etc, utilize the report button and the staff will look into it and upon review will determine the outcome, do not take it upon yourselves to start a argument or flame.

With that said, I hope you guys get your devices sooner rather than later. Bottom line is this device is awesome and should be in everyone's hands regardless of carrier (even if they brand it out the wazoo). :p

Carry on.

TS

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
The reason for the delay is because Verizon wants to let all the THUNDERBOLT OWNERS have the chance to do the Upgrade for the $299 price and as a Bonus for being the first 4G LTE Device owners, and letting them keep the UNLIMITED DATA. It's gonna be a way to say, THANKS for helping us get our 4G LTE Network fine tuned in our early stages. (I dreamed this last night). November 17th is the first day Thunderbolt Owners can upgrade.

Upvote 0
Ordered. Although I'd like the phone now, I think it is going the route of the Moto Razr HD. They wait too long, other phones will be out and available.
The extra 30+ days wait gives me time to:
1) See the HTC DNA
2) See it a 32/64 gb version will be offered before release on the 29th.
16gb is pretty skimpy, but I have already received my 64gb memory card.
Now all I need is a wireless "car" charger for my window. I'm going to miss my Droid X window mount. It rocks.

Ship By: 11/27/2012

Upvote 0
I would really like to know how Apple gets away with releasing software on the iPhone for VZW however they see fit, yet NO OTHER manufacturer can pull this off. I am QUITE certain this aspect is the reason VZW device releases are always so obscure and uncertain. VZW just does not allow anything to ship until they give some blessing on the software and more often than not various bits of info both official and not or in this case actual PREORDERs are possible before that software has got the final blessing for shipment.

At the end of the day I really wouldn't care if they allowed nonVZW sponsored versions of a device to happen however and whenever the OEM decided THEY wanted to sell them and allowed the OEM to push software and such. Seemingly this is VERY frowned upon in order to get VZW sponsorship and contract subsidy offers and such. We as customers need to demand these sorts of things change though. There is NO reason Samsung and ANY other OEM shouldn't be able to easily launch JUST like Apple. Atleast for full price noncarrier sponsored/subsidized sales. It really torques me off that just because a device is built a bit specific for some carrier the carrier gets to control the sales channels of that device so much. It really shouldn't be that way.

Paying full price and not accepting the less for more con would help this sorta thing along. That is a con, because even if you are NOT using the more and can get what you actually use for LESS, that will NOT be true in the future for 99.9% of users, particularly those interested in something like the Note 2. Pay full price, put a middle finger at the subsidy con, and thank yourself in 10 years when you are one of a very small few not constantly monitoring data use.

Upvote 0
What's worrying me is I'm up in Rochester, NY for work for 2 months, (first week was this). I'll BE here until December 14th with a quick visit home at the 4 week mark, and I set my preorder to ship to me here at the hotel....I just really hope they launch soon.

What happened with the Galaxy SIII? Who remembers when it was announced (it was around July no?) and when did preorders start and it actually release on VZW?

Upvote 0
Hmm according to a Verizon Wireless Sales Rep...

GalaxynoteIILaunchdate.jpg

You couldn't even activate it until the launch date...11/27...UNLESS they push that up but :O :L

Upvote 0

You couldn't even activate it until the launch date...11/27...UNLESS they push that up but :O :L

This sorta stuff just really torque's me off. I am paying for a service. I should be able to activate ANYTHING whenever I want on that service other than maybe something known to be stolen or something along those lines. And really that was the idea behind the block-C spectrum rules verizon is using exclusively for their LTE service. Yet they are ignoring them completely.

Upvote 0
Interesting. Wonder if there is anything unique this time around that would allow the VZW versions out sooner this time around?

Getting this for my wifes BDay on the 11th of November and keep wondering if this will somehow be attainable by then or have to be a late BDay present.

Nice b-day gift there. :D

Even if it comes late she will be so happy when she gets it she won't even care. :p

As far as when it will officially come out...who knows honestly ? I mean we found out about the preordering process just hours before it happened last night. Verizon seems to be going to quiet route here lately, not really announcing stuff, just doing it.

Upvote 0
And this makes sense too in a way...so the Galaxy SIII was announced back in May 2012 in London...it RELEASED for VZW on June 20, 2012.

So this phone gets ANNOUNCED today the 25th...and then ....a month later it's available.

Just curious where you got the S3 released was on June 20th ? I preordered the 1st hour it went live & didn't receive mine until July 7. Not a big deal...just curious.

Upvote 0

This statement by the sales rep is totally inaccurate. The S3 wasn't in Verizon stores until July 10. I activated mine when I received it on the July 7. Totally untrue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones